microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

michael kors factory outlet gctg

Katadedajab

12/28/2013 5:41:00 PM

2 Answers

William \(Bill\) Vaughn

Ah no.
See my whitepaper on connecting. You cannot depend on the GC to clean up
connections.
http://betav.com/blog/billva/2007/05/managing_and_monitoring_n...

--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn
"JonOfAllTrades" <JonOfAllTrades@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Miha Markic" wrote:
>
>> Always create a new instance of SqlConnection for a linear operation.
>> Connection pool will take care of the details.
>
> If I don't call Close() on these Connections, won't they accumulate until
> they time out and die, or the SQL server reaches its connection limit? Or
> is
> Close() pretty much obsolete and unnecessary with the current pooling
> system?

Miha Markic

You should create/open a SqlConnection instance as late as possible and
close/dispose it asap.

--
Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com