microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

michael kors handbags outlet ak74

Katadedajab

12/27/2013 6:28:00 PM

4 Answers

William Vaughn

Ah, I expect he means you can serialize the DataTable(s) to an XML file or
somesuch.
Again, the SQL Server Compact Edition (which supports several kinds of
replication) is a better option.

--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> John,
>
> The nature from a dataset is to work ofline, it is build for that.
>
> When you do an update, there is looked if there has been a change (this is
> called optimistic concurrency). The way as the data is organised makes
> that the chanch for that is low or high.
>
> By instance as you are adding and subtrackting values from tablerows,
> instead of adding mutation rows, then you can probably forget it.
>
> Cor

John

Thanks Bill.

Regards

"William Vaughn" <billvaNoSPAM@betav.com> wrote in message
> Ah, I expect he means you can serialize the DataTable(s) to an XML file
> or somesuch.
> Again, the SQL Server Compact Edition (which supports several kinds of
> replication) is a better option.
>
> --
> ____________________________________
> William (Bill) Vaughn
> Author, Mentor, Consultant, Dad, Grandpa
> Microsoft MVP
> INETA Speaker
> www.betav.com
> www.betav.com/blog/billva
> Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
> rights.
> __________________________________
> Visit www.hitchhikerguides.net to get more information on my latest book:
> Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
> and Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (EBook)
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
>> John,
>>
>> The nature from a dataset is to work ofline, it is build for that.
>>
>> When you do an update, there is looked if there has been a change (this
>> is called optimistic concurrency). The way as the data is organised makes
>> that the chanch for that is low or high.
>>
>> By instance as you are adding and subtrackting values from tablerows,
>> instead of adding mutation rows, then you can probably forget it.
>>
>> Cor

William Vaughn

Cor, you missed the point. Replication in this case is used for data
sharing--not just data persistence.

--
____________________________________

> Bill,
>
> I disagree this with you, for extra database you need replication, with a
> dataset you just needs common updates. The logical problems stays exactly
> the same.
>
> The serialization is completely automaticaly done by Dataset.ReadXML(....)
> and Dataset.WriteXML(....), you write it as if this is a problem.
>
> Cor

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

> Cor, you missed the point. Replication in this case is used for data
> sharing--not just data persistence.

I did not miss that Bill, however why would you do that if there are now
simple methods possible in ADONET and not only replication. Using a dataset
is in my idea much easier to handle conflicts by your own program.

Cor