mj2736

David Jeavons

Hi Alejandro

If you are after a basic example then these articles may be of interest:

http://www.devcity.net/Articles/215/1/ar...
http://www.devcity.net/Articles/240/1/ar...
http://www.devcity.net/Articles/301/1/ar...

They take you through the basics of ADO.NET and demonstrate how you can
select and manage data from both an Access database and an SQL Server
database.

HTH

"Alejandro" <alejandron@cibernos.com> wrote in message
> Thank you very much Cor. I already know that books exist, but only I need
> a small example. Does anybody know where I could find it or where I must
> ask?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alejandro
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> escribi? en el mensaje
>> Alenjandro,
>>
>> Yes this is possible, however this newsgroup gives help, not complete
>> code, that you can find in books or piece by piece on internet.
>>
>> The things you need are:
>> a dataset/datatable
>> a connection,
>> a command
>> and if you want to do it in an efficient way a DataAdapter
>>
>> By instance Bill has a nice book. It is so thick that you can use it as
>> pillow, so you can sleep on it. When you read it, you will see it has
>> more then the information you are asking for now.
>>
>> http://www.hitchhikerg...
>>
>> Cor
>>

>> "Alejandro" <alejandron@cibernos.com> schreef in bericht
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to do something that was very easy with ADO in VB6. I'd like to
>>> do a selection in one table and be able to search on the group of
>>> registers, update or even insert one new.
>>>
>>> This is possible to do in ADO .NET? How?
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>>
>>> Alejandro

Alejandro

Good articles, but I don't see any one that read and update (or insert) on
same selection.

"David Jeavons" <djjeavons@gmail.com> escribi? en el mensaje
> Hi Alejandro
>
> If you are after a basic example then these articles may be of interest:
>
> http://www.devcity.net/Articles/215/1/ar...
> http://www.devcity.net/Articles/240/1/ar...
> http://www.devcity.net/Articles/301/1/ar...
>
> They take you through the basics of ADO.NET and demonstrate how you can
> select and manage data from both an Access database and an SQL Server
> database.
>

> HTH
>

> "Alejandro" <alejandron@cibernos.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you very much Cor. I already know that books exist, but only I need
>> a small example. Does anybody know where I could find it or where I must
>> ask?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alejandro
>>
>> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <notmyfirstname@planet.nl> escribi? en el mensaje
>>> Alenjandro,
>>>
>>> Yes this is possible, however this newsgroup gives help, not complete
>>> code, that you can find in books or piece by piece on internet.
>>>
>>> The things you need are:
>>> a dataset/datatable
>>> a connection,
>>> a command
>>> and if you want to do it in an efficient way a DataAdapter
>>>
>>> By instance Bill has a nice book. It is so thick that you can use it as
>>> pillow, so you can sleep on it. When you read it, you will see it has
>>> more then the information you are asking for now.
>>>
>>> http://www.hitchhikerg...
>>>
>>> Cor
>>>

>>> "Alejandro" <alejandron@cibernos.com> schreef in bericht

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Alejandro,

If you want to do the update easy like it was in VB6 then you can use the
commandbuilder.

samples on this site
http://support.microsoft.com...