Katadedajab

12/26/2013 12:34:00 PM

5 Answers

Patrick

The DataGrid is already binded to the underlying DataTable.

But how do I code the grid so that
1) when a new row is inserted, I have default values pre-populated in 2
columns?
2) I have drop-down in 1 column to control values to be entered into the grid?

"Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Always try to access a DataGrid using the underlying dattable.
>
> Cor
>
> "Patrick" <patl@reply.newsgroup.msn.com> schreef in bericht
> > In addition, how could I control values that are allowed in another cell
> > value with a drop-down control?
> >
> > "Patrick" wrote:
> >
> >> I have got a prototype .Net2 WinForms that are binded to an Access DB
> >> Table
> >> with some columns which have "default values".
> >>
> >> I have allowed DataGrid to add data.
> >>
> >> However, how could I get the "default values" in 2 columns to show up in
> >> new
> >> row?

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Patrick,

You know that you can set the default behaviour as well in the datatable. It
is a pity that this is not synchronized with by instance SQL server. You
have to set this in your program.

> The DataGrid is already binded to the underlying DataTable.
>
> But how do I code the grid so that
> 1) when a new row is inserted, I have default values pre-populated in 2
> columns?
> 2) I have drop-down in 1 column to control values to be entered into the
> grid?
>

> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Patrick,
>>
>> Always try to access a DataGrid using the underlying dattable.
>>
>> Cor
>>
>> "Patrick" <patl@reply.newsgroup.msn.com> schreef in bericht
>> > In addition, how could I control values that are allowed in another
>> > cell
>> > value with a drop-down control?

barranr

look at DataGridView_DefaultValuesNeeded and DataGridView_CellFormatting

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> You know that you can set the default behaviour as well in the datatable. It
> is a pity that this is not synchronized with by instance SQL server. You
> have to set this in your program.
>
> Cor
>
> "Patrick" <patl@reply.newsgroup.msn.com> schreef in bericht
> > The DataGrid is already binded to the underlying DataTable.
> >
> > But how do I code the grid so that
> > 1) when a new row is inserted, I have default values pre-populated in 2
> > columns?
> > 2) I have drop-down in 1 column to control values to be entered into the
> > grid?
> >

> > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Patrick,
> >>
> >> Always try to access a DataGrid using the underlying dattable.
> >>
> >> Cor
> >>
> >> "Patrick" <patl@reply.newsgroup.msn.com> schreef in bericht

Patrick

Can someone explain how I can code the .Net 2 DataGrid such that when a new
row is added, I can have a drop down to control the values that go into a
particular column?

"barranr" wrote:

> look at DataGridView_DefaultValuesNeeded and DataGridView_CellFormatting
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Patrick,
> >
> > You know that you can set the default behaviour as well in the datatable. It
> > is a pity that this is not synchronized with by instance SQL server. You
> > have to set this in your program.
> >
> > Cor
> >
> > "Patrick" <patl@reply.newsgroup.msn.com> schreef in bericht
> > > The DataGrid is already binded to the underlying DataTable.
> > >
> > > But how do I code the grid so that
> > > 1) when a new row is inserted, I have default values pre-populated in 2
> > > columns?
> > > 2) I have drop-down in 1 column to control values to be entered into the
> > > grid?

barranr

i = DataGridView.CurrentRow.Index
If rows = 0 Then
i = OrderDetailsDataGridView.Rows.GetRowCount
DataGridViewElementStates.Displayed) - 1
End If
DataGridView.Item(0, i).Value = Me.combobox.selectedvalue.tostring()

where 0 is the column and i is the row