microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security

Are suit bags okay to carry on a domestic flight

carpinteyrocyp

9/14/2013 3:35:00 AM

Are suit bags okay to carry on a domestic flightI'm going on an overnight business trip. I will arrive the night [url=http://www.dtdrivingschool.co.uk/link... ]links of london[/url] before, will spend the day in meetings and presentations, and will be on the plane home that afternoon, immediately after I'm done.I need to bring a suit, and for obvious reasons, I don't want to wear it on the plane down. However, I haven't done an overnight business trip in a few years. I used to be able to pack my suit in a carryon garment bag, and bring that on board. Will TSA give me a hard time about carrying on a suit bag? Will the airline?For what it's worth, my bag will contain: my suit (jacket and trousers). One dress shirt. One undershirt. Boxers. Socks. My kit bag (shaving kit, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and cologne). Does this sound like something that will cause me any problems? Or am I way overthinking this??posted by deejay jaydee to travel transportation (16 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favoriteI've seen them carried on planes recently, the only ting that might give you troubles is liquids (cologne, etc.).posted by Confess, Fletch at [url=http://www.ideatrade.it/abercrom...]abercrombie outlet[/url] 12:18 PM on March 1, 2010I've had success on international flights with them, including flying in coach, for whatever that's worth. Don't know why domestic would be different, but then there's a lot I don't know.Actually, one international flight included a domestic leg, <a href="http://www.ideatrade.it/abercrom...">abercrombie outlet</a> and no problem there, either. That trip was sandwiched on either side of the drama in late December; I was able to bring it from Miami to LaGuardia in early January.posted by troywestfield at 12:18 PM on March 1, 2010They don't care what's in the bag, they care about its dimensions. Your airline's website should tell you the maximum size a carryon bag can be. If your bag is that size or smaller when folded up, it can fly in the cabin. If not, you have to check it.Also, make sure that your toiletries are 3 ounces or less apiece (that's [url=http://www.ideatrade.it/rep...]replica borse chloe[/url] the size of the bottle, not the amount of liquid in the bottle) and that all of your liquids are in a single quartsized ziploc bag. Otherwise, you'll be forced at security to throw them away.posted by decathecting at 12:19 PM on March 1, 2010I carry them quite a bit (touch wood). A reasonablesized garment bag is probably more welcome than an oversize/overweight roller, even if one dimension of the bag may be over. They fit into the overhead bins pretty good. Keep your liquids in a ziploc in an external pocket for TSA. Even if they are rejected at the gate, you would gatecheck them.posted by carter at 12:34 PM on March 1, 2010I think the absence of suit bags has more to do with the fact that fewer men wear suits for work with the popularity of business casual.posted by cecic at 12:44 PM on March 1, 2010 [2 favorites]I flew with one this past summer. Overtheshoulder, standard sized suit bag. I'm pretty sure I can get it into one of the checkyourluggagetoseeifitfitshere boxes if pressed. You shouldn't have any problems.posted by craven_morhead at 12:47 PM on <a href="http://www.camfalconara.it/piumi..."... moncler</a> March 1, 2010A lot of suit carriers look like the standard rollaround carryon bags. posted by electroboy at 12:51 PM on March 1, 2010If you're flying on a smaller plane like a regional jet, and they'll let you bring it past the gate, do it. A lot of NA carriers have a second baggage check on the jetway/runway, typically called skycheck or the like. Lots of business travelers just bring maximallysized carryons which are too big for the RJs overheads. Thus the airlines now have the "curbside" baggage check after the gate. The great part is that you get the bags immediately after you exit the plane, not at the luggage carousel in the terminal.The real issue is making certain that your bag is carryon legal. Some suitbags are, some aren't.posted by bonehead at 12:54 PM on March 1, 2010I've brought a suit bag on planes before and even asked one of the flight attendants if <a href="http://www.dtdrivingschool.co.uk/link... ">links of london</a> she wouldn't mind hanging it up because I know first class has a closet for this purpose. I was sitting in coach, too. As long as your kit is [url=http://www.camfalconara.it/piumi...]outlet moncler[/url] in <a href="http://www.libreria-apogeo.it/rep..."&... borse hermes</a> order (under 3 oz etc), you should be fine.posted by spec80 at 12:58 PM on March 1, 2010 [1 favorite]As was said above, if it fits the right dimensions (and in most cases even if it doesn't in my experience) you should have no <a href="http://www.ideatrade.it/rep...">replica borse chloe</a> problem carrying on a suit bag.Be careful if you gate check bags. They will not always be delivered at the exit from the plane. I was late to a very full [url=http://www.libreria-apogeo.it/rep...]replica borse hermes[/url] connecting flight and was asked with several others to gate check our bags and was told I would get it upon exit, not at baggage claim.When we arrived, the group of us dutifully waited at the exit for our bags. The strollers came out, but we were told the bags would arrive at baggage claim. This might have been an isolated incident, but if you are under time pressure try to hold on to your bag.posted by NoDef at 1:25 PM on March 1, 2010Sometimes I have fit my pillow, shoes, and other miscellany in my garment bag carry on, then when I get on board I unpack and either 1) hang the garment bag up at the front of the plane (southwest does not have this feature) or 2) stow my garment bag in the overhead bin.

http://agent.mgi.vn/brand/Borse-Gucci-2013912163032...
http://gps.nusantech.com/brand/Burberry-Outlet-2013912163018...
http://bitboxit.com/brand/Abercrombie-Milano-2013912163056...
http://demo.emarksolutions.com.au/brand/Gucci-Borse-2013912163047...