fifa world cup 2014 held at

sdfVHtd

8/15/2013 8:08:00 PM

TORONTO India Hicks hasn drifted far from the flashbulbs since she was thrust into the global spotlight three decades ago as a teen bridesmaid in Charles and Diana royal wedding.

The goddaughter of the Prince of Wales earned a degree in photography before moving in front of the lens as a soughtafter model, featured by the likes of Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic and Bill Blass.

She has launched an ecommerce arm of her island lifestyle boutique, the Sugar Mill, has teamed with Crabtree and Evelyn on two collections of bath and beauty products and penned a book on inspirational interiors and another on fitness and natural beauty.

Her foray into designing fine jewelry seems a fitting addition to Hicks stylecentred resume and reflective of her rich pedigree.

Indeed, family played a figurative role in the decision to put her stamp on a signature jewelry collection perhaps most notably her father, the late David Hicks.

The renowned interior decorator and designer was known for his strong use of colour and geometric designs in carpets and textiles, and his signature esthetic is where Hicks draws inspiration for her creations.

"We may have had a tricky relationship because he was quite a tricky chap, (but) a brilliant designer and a fascinating person," Hicks said in an interview Wednesday in Holt Renfrew offices.

"As a father, he was a <a href=http://www.lvlv.com/bracelet-c-1.ht... Fashion Bracelets</a> perfectionist and he had a very strong point of view on how things were going to be done. So there were definitely times as <a href=http://www.lvlv.com/earring-c-3.htm... Fashion Earrings</a> a child where it was intimidating and life could have possibly been a little more relaxed on occasion.

"But nevertheless, I recognize in myself a lot of my strengths have come from him and, indeed, the way I decorate. Whether it interiors, whether it a collection of fragrances or whether it fine jewelry, there a lot of influence from my father."

Her mother is Lady Pamela Hicks, daughter to the Earl and Countess Mountbatten of Burma.

Hicks took part in an instore meetandgreet last week with customers at Holt Renfrew downtown flagship store, where her jewelry collection will be carried exclusively in Canada.

The Hicks on Hicks line of sterling silver and diamond pieces features her father famous hexagonal pattern with a modern, architectural influence seen in cuffs, earrings, necklaces and statement rings. The Initials collection of Love Letters is inspired by her father geometric alphabet. The distinctive groupings of letters pay homage to the initials that launched her father branded business.

Her seainspired Island Life collection includes starfish wrap cuffs and rings, fishtail earrings and shimmering shellshaped pendants.

The 44yearold said there much more she like to tackle in the style domain, but she wants to ensure she maintains her responsibilities balancing motherhood with work.

She also seeks to be prudent in lending her name and energy to a project she sees as having longevity.

"You want a collection that, firstly, you know is going to stand the test of time, you know is actually a good product, you know will have an audience that will be willing to buy it and invest in it and follow you," she said. ITV reporting on Prince William and Kate nuptials.

She relished her vantage point as an observer watching the festivities unfold. But she had a very different view as a 13yearold royal bridesmaid, standing on the same Buckingham Palace balcony where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shared their first public kiss.

"People weren tweeting, but <a href=http://www.lvlv.com/bracelet-c-1.ht... Fashion Bracelets</a> there was a billion people watching," Hicks recalled of the 1981 wedding.

"But I was very unaware of that because, really, my mother gave me a very good sense of: being a bridesmaid, you done it before, you do it again, and after today, we just move on. There nothing special about you. That just a day you been a part of. And so the next day, we just moved on. I was back riding my pony and that was that.

"I was a child still, so to have ridden in a carriage drawn by horses down the Mall, I look back and think: a Cinderella moment. . . . My God. But on the day, it just felt pretty normal, oddly."
</u></font>