microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

detecting update from on sql server

Roy Goldhammer

4/1/2007 9:18:00 AM

Hello there

In some cases there is part in the application that inserts or updates bad
data to one of the tables.

The action has already being done. Is there a way to detect the problem
using the log file? and how exacly can i do that ?

2 Answers

Uri Dimant

Roy

Perhaps (in my opinion) you should fix to not UPDATE/INSERT with the bad
data intead of indentify affer it was done.
Check out that you have CONSTRAINTS/KEYs to prevent from getting bad data

Hag sameah.

"Roy Goldhammer" <roy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello there
>
> In some cases there is part in the application that inserts or updates bad
> data to one of the tables.
>
> The action has already being done. Is there a way to detect the problem
> using the log file? and how exacly can i do that ?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana

On May 15, 2:24 pm, "Nusrat, Rowayton, Connecticut"
<rizvi...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2011 23:40:37 -0700 (PDT), HardySpicer
>
> <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On May 15, 11:38 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach
> >Cruiser Philosopher" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> (Notice this is a loaded question perhaps meant to test my wisdom or
> >> perhaps just another stupid question like mine. THE ORIGINAL QUESTION
> >> WAS: "Would Jesus have killed Osama bin Laden?" Of course my question
> >> was loaded too!)
>
> >absolutely not - since he never existed in the first place!
> >Hardy
>
>  You mean the early Christians made all this up or, as is most likely
> he was just an ordinary mortal sans the qualities attributed to him by
> charlatans.

Wait a minute, a president like Bush couldn't have lied about Jesus
supporting his cause.

Then the whole Christian population supported him! We have dig out the
truth about this man called Jesus. He was a Palestinian! Please read
other thread... ;)