comp.lang.c++

Polyline slow

Geky

12/8/2008 7:26:00 PM

Polyline is too much slow to draw an array of data with about one
thousand of points and it is fast to draw a second array of data with
the same dimension of the first one. The only difference in the two
arrays is that the first graph is less linear than the second but the
time to elaborate it is about ten times than the second. Ten times!!??
Is it possible? How can I make it faster
5 Answers

Juha Nieminen

Geky wrote:
> Polyline is too much slow to draw an array of data with about one
> thousand of points and it is fast to draw a second array of data with
> the same dimension of the first one. The only difference in the two
> arrays is that the first graph is less linear than the second but the
> time to elaborate it is about ten times than the second. Ten times!!??
> Is it possible? How can I make it faster

Did you actually have a question about C++?

Geky

On 8 Dic, 21:10, Juha Nieminen <nos...@thanks.invalid> wrote:
> Geky wrote:
> > Polyline is too much slow to draw an array of data with about one
> > thousand of points and it is fast to draw a second array of data with
> > the same dimension of the first one. The only difference in the two
> > arrays is that the first graph is less linear than the second but the
> > time to elaborate it is about ten times than the second. Ten times!!??
> > Is it possible? How can I make it faster
>
>   Did you actually have a question about C++?

......How can I make it faster

Is it enough as question?

Paavo Helde

Geky <attackack@yahoo.com> kirjutas:

> On 8 Dic, 21:10, Juha Nieminen <nos...@thanks.invalid> wrote:
>> Geky wrote:
>> > Polyline is too much slow to draw an array of data with about one
>> > thousand of points and it is fast to draw a second array of data
with
>> > the same dimension of the first one. The only difference in the two
>> > arrays is that the first graph is less linear than the second but
the
>> > time to elaborate it is about ten times than the second. Ten
times!!??
>> > Is it possible? How can I make it faster
>>
>>   Did you actually have a question about C++?
>
> .....How can I make it faster
>
> Is it enough as question?

There is no "Polyline" in C++ standard neither in Boost library (which is
going to partially included in the next standard). It sounds like it has
to do with some graphics library, so you should better ask in a forum or
newsgroup discussing that library.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to...

Paavo

Sherm Pendley

Geky <attackack@yahoo.com> writes:

> Polyline is too much slow

Sorry to hear that, but the subject of this group is C++. Polyline
(whatever that is) is not part of standard C++, it's part of some
platform-specific library you happen to be using. So, you need to ask
about it in a group that talks about that library.

sherm--

--
My blog: http://shermspace.bl...
Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourc...

Geky

Ok I've posted in microsoft.public.vc.language
maybe is better

Thank you