comp.lang.c++

The Java vs C++ higher salary thread

Zjargands

11/29/2008 7:27:00 PM

Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It has over 100
posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the original question or simply
restatements of what others have already said.

Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between 2 or three
people going back and forth with petty arguments that should be resolved
in private e-mail.

A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer" sub thread.
This topic has nothing to do with c++.

Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

8 Answers

Ian Collins

Zjargands wrote:
> Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It has over 100
> posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the original question or simply
> restatements of what others have already said.
>
> Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between 2 or three
> people going back and forth with petty arguments that should be resolved
> in private e-mail.
>
> A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer" sub thread.
> This topic has nothing to do with c++.
>
> Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

--
Ian Collins

Sherm Pendley

Ian Collins <ian-news@hotmail.com> writes:

> Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

Normally I would agree, but the references and cross-posts have gotten
so tangled that my news reader (gnus) can't figure them all out well
enough to do that. :-(

Please folks, take it to email. Or just let it rest already - you've
each made your points about a dozen times now, and it's obvious to any
sane person that another dozen repetitions isn't going to change
anyone's minds.

sherm--

--
My blog: http://shermspace.bl...
Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourc...

Jack Klein

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:27:15 GMT, Zjargands <Zjargands@gmail.com>
wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It has over 100
> posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the original question or simply
> restatements of what others have already said.
>
> Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between 2 or three
> people going back and forth with petty arguments that should be resolved
> in private e-mail.
>
> A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer" sub thread.
> This topic has nothing to do with c++.
>
> Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.
>

> --------------enig04EA43C58B861B7CEE0EB849

> --------------enig04EA43C58B861B7CEE0EB849--

Can we, as a group, and you, as an individual, please stop posting
MIME encoded crap like this to text-only usenet groups?

If you think there is any useful purpose at all to PGP signatures on
usenet, you are mistaken.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Tech...

James Kanze

On Nov 29, 8:32 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Zjargands wrote:
> > Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It
> > has over 100 posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the
> > original question or simply restatements of what others have
> > already said.

> > Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between
> > 2 or three people going back and forth with petty arguments
> > that should be resolved in private e-mail.

> > A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer"
> > sub thread. This topic has nothing to do with c++.

> > Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.

> Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.

Sorry Ian, but he's right. We're being manipulated. I have
nothing against it when a thread drifts off-topic for a little
bit, but this one has become ridiculous.

LR

James Kanze wrote:

> We're being manipulated.

Please don't speak in riddles.

In what way are you being manipulated?

Who are you being manipulated by?

TIA.

LR

Hendrik Schober

LR wrote:
> James Kanze wrote:
>
>> We're being manipulated.
>
> Please don't speak in riddles.
>
> In what way are you being manipulated?
>
> Who are you being manipulated by?

I wonder why you ask this question. No one else
bothered to ask.

> LR

Schobi

Ian Collins

James Kanze wrote:
> On Nov 29, 8:32 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Zjargands wrote:
>>> Can we, as a group, please stop posting to this thread? It
>>> has over 100 posts, many of them (most) unrelated to the
>>> original question or simply restatements of what others have
>>> already said.
>
>>> Many of the sub threads have devolved into arguments between
>>> 2 or three people going back and forth with petty arguments
>>> that should be resolved in private e-mail.
>
>>> A good example would be the "what constitutes an engineer"
>>> sub thread. This topic has nothing to do with c++.
>
>>> Thank you for your constructive comments and consideration.
>
>> Just kill the thread if you don't want to read it.
>
> Sorry Ian, but he's right. We're being manipulated. I have
> nothing against it when a thread drifts off-topic for a little
> bit, but this one has become ridiculous.

Which is why I've killed it. One keystroke and it's gone!

--
Ian Collins

LR

Hendrik Schober wrote:
> LR wrote:
>> James Kanze wrote:
>>
>>> We're being manipulated.
>> Please don't speak in riddles.
>>
>> In what way are you being manipulated?
>>
>> Who are you being manipulated by?
>
> I wonder why you ask this question.

I asked because I don't know what he meant and because I would like to know.

LR