command completion in irb and ruby-debug

Pito Salas

6/15/2009 7:56:00 PM

I've seen hints more than once that there's a way to enable command
completion (or just identifier completion, or anything-completion) in
irb and/or ruby-debug.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Pito

Daniel Roux

Pito Salas wrote:
> I've seen hints more than once that there's a way to enable command
> completion (or just identifier completion, or anything-completion) in
> irb and/or ruby-debug.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pito

require 'irb/completion'

you can include that in your .irbc in your home directory.
--
Daniel Roux

james.pablos

On Nov 25, 7:12 pm, "sweetbac" <sweet...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Jackie Green?...I have NO idea where this kid came from, HOW he
> latched on to the Dead scene ( is he dating Ramrods daughter or somethin?)
> or what he exactly DOES...I aint figured that out yet...does he just stand
> there and pose in that MF'in hat of his?...running his hand thru his
> hair?...

Yer wrong as usual sweets. Green and Haynes are the only two "Friends"
who ever been allowed to play as if they have a pair of balls. I think
Jill had the rest of them neutered.

And Green is a great vocalist. He's clearly inside these songs and he
doesn't play around with stupid phrasings or shit like that. He just
fucking sings them and sings them well. You couldn't drag me to see
the current iteration of Further, but this band I will pay to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...

Velvet Jones

"sweetbac" <sweetbac@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Velvet Jones" <Velvet@Jones.org> wrote in message
>
>> Success! I like this lineup very much and shall attend. Jackie Greene
>> opened them up the year he played with them.
>
> Warren Haynes....Oy....my head hurts even thinking
> about it....who LISTENS to this mans music?....seriously...
> I mean, really....he's got like 17 MF'in cd's out there...
> couldn't tell ya nare ONE of 'em...plays here in SF every
> 5-6 months...I've never met ONE person who claims to have
> seen him....He's the "Zelig" of rock n' roll.
> Sco?....Oh, good god Sco <puts head in hands>
> just what the fuck HAPPened to ya, baby?....played with everyone
> from Miles to Metheny...Jaco to Joe Henderson...and you're
> doing THIS!....Imagine if you will....having NO problem
> cutting a Mingus chart at Berkelee....then getting terribly lost 20 years
> later
> playing "Day Job" at the Warfield in San Francisco with Phil Lesh Inc.....
> Now THATS a long, strange trip...One I aint paying $60 + service fees fo'!
> Aint THAT a bitch <LOL>
> Jackie Green?...I have NO idea where this kid came from, HOW he
> latched on to the Dead scene ( is he dating Ramrods daughter or somethin?)
> or what he exactly DOES...I aint figured that out yet...does he just stand
> there and pose in that MF'in hat of his?...running his hand thru his
> hair?...
> ANYways...can you iMAGINE Garcia putting up with this foolishness?
> OK...I'll stop yelling. <cracks another beer>

Actually, I think Garcia would have appreciated Greene and enjoyed partying
with Warren.

Greene's own band is pretty good, seen 'em live. Greene with P&F is better
because he opens up and does nice work building climax and works the subtle
nicely too. YMMV and of course does.

Keith Soltys

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:50:31 -0500, "Velvet Jones" <Velvet@Jones.org> wrote:

>"sweetbac" <sweetbac@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Velvet Jones" <Velvet@Jones.org> wrote in message
>>

>Actually, I think Garcia would have appreciated Greene and enjoyed partying
>with Warren.
>
>Greene's own band is pretty good, seen 'em live. Greene with P&F is better
>because he opens up and does nice work building climax and works the subtle
>nicely too. YMMV and of course does.

I'd go see Phil and Friends with this lineup over Furthur too. I like Haynes,
Scofield is an outstanding guitarist, and Greene is a great singer and
songwriter. The first time I heard of him was when he openned for Mark
Knopfler at Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto. He came out with an acoustic guitar
and won over 15,000 people - ended up getting a standing O and encore. Not
many people can do that.

Keith

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys@-NOSPAM-rogers.com -- http://www....
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest
of places if you look at it right - Grateful Dead/Scarlet Begonias