Next Step

JSU

6/15/2009 6:00:00 AM

Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for someone
who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
Thanks for the help in advance. JSU
8 Answers

Dave Burt

Hi JSU,

> Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for someone
> who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
> for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
> Thanks for the help in advance. =A0JSU

Ruby Quiz strikes me as ideal. Watch/search for posts in this group
with [QUIZ] in the subject, and check out http://rub... for
past quizzes, including solutions.

Cheers,
Dave

Robert Dober

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Dave Burt<dave@burt.id.au> wrote:
> Hi JSU,
>
>> Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for someone
>> who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
>> for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
>> Thanks for the help in advance. =A0JSU
>
> Ruby Quiz strikes me as ideal. Watch/search for posts in this group
> with [QUIZ] in the subject, and check out http://rub... for
> past quizzes, including solutions.

for me it almost became a reflex to think of Ruby Quiz ;) thus I would
like to add a ref to James' book.
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fr_quiz/best-of...
R.

> Cheers,
> Dave

--=20
Toutes les grandes personnes ont d=92abord =E9t=E9 des enfants, mais peu
d=92entre elles s=92en souviennent.

All adults have been children first, but not many remember.

[Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry]

Ftf 3k3

JSU wrote:
> Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for someone
> who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
> for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
> Thanks for the help in advance. JSU

On SPOJ, there's a lot of problems to practice on and it has support for
Ruby.
https://ww...

JSU

On Jun 15, 12:11 am, Dave Burt <d...@burt.id.au> wrote:
> Hi JSU,
>
> > Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for someone
> > who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
> > for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
> > Thanks for the help in advance.  JSU
>
> Ruby Quiz strikes me as ideal. Watch/search for posts in this group
> with [QUIZ] in the subject, and check outhttp://rubyqu...
> past quizzes, including solutions.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

That's the ticket. Thanks a bunch. JSU

Robert Schaaf

But, unfortunately, no way of seeing the submitted solutions. Of
limited educational use.

On Jun 15, 2009, at 4:27 AM, Ftf 3k3 wrote:

> JSU wrote:
>> Would like to know if someone can recommend a site or book for
>> someone
>> who has gone through a good tutorial(The Study Guide), and is looking
>> for a next step to provide easy programming challenges in Ruby.
>> Thanks for the help in advance. JSU
>
> On SPOJ, there's a lot of problems to practice on and it has support
> for
> Ruby.
> https://ww...

Robert Dober

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Robert Schaaf<ruby-bucket@comcast.net> wro=
te:
> But, unfortunately, no way of seeing the submitted solutions. =A0Of limit=
ed
> educational use.

Robert, please do not take offense that you are my pilot user for the
"automated being nice project"
Please kindly read http://pastie....
And please tell me how you feel being "thought" something in this way,
is it too lecturing?

Cheers
Robert

Ftf 3k3

Robert Schaaf wrote:
> But, unfortunately, no way of seeing the submitted solutions. Of
> limited educational use.

That's the only matter. There are some hints here:
http://www.algorithmist.com/index.php/Sphere_On... and you can
expand it yourself because it's a wiki.

Robert Schaaf

> And please tell me how you feel being "thought" something in this way,
> is it too lecturing?

I perhaps should have quoted just the part about SPOJ, but I did
amend the subject line to limit the reference

Other than that, did I find your post to be petty finger-wagging?
Well yes, somewhat.

However, I will take your lesson to heart, in order to increase my
"acceptation".

Cheers back at ya,

Bob Schaaf