comp.lang.c++

First time here ; Excel and C++ ?

ytayta555

11/28/2008 12:39:00 PM

HI ALL , best wishes to you All

I'm first time here , please to advice me ;
I want to know if C++ can programming Excel
application , and if the answer is yes , please to
provide me the advice where I must look for
informations in this way , and to give me the
right direction .

Many thanks in advance
7 Answers

Christian Hackl

ytayta555 ha scritto:

> I'm first time here , please to advice me ;
> I want to know if C++ can programming Excel
> application , [...]

C++ is a general-purpose programming language that can be used for
everything. However, it is absolutely unclear what you mean by
"programming Excel application." Are you looking for a C++ library to
read Excel files? Or are you really looking for VBA? In any case, all of
this is off-topic on c.l.c++ because this group deals only with C++
*language* issues. You should find a newsgroup, forum or mailing list
for MS Excel instead.

--
Christian Hackl

ytayta555

On 28 Noi, 15:11, Christian Hackl <ha...@sbox.tugraz.at> wrote:

> C++ is a general-purpose programming language that can be used for
> everything.
> Christian Hackl

Thank very much for reply

I know to work with VBA , I'm not looking for VBA ; I have
a code in VBA which work well , but I understood that C++ is
an extremly fast programming language , and I want to have a
C++ code which can handle with Excel application ( copy , paste
values in Excel worksheet , ... etc.) .

I am interested where I must look for in help or another links , to
can get
start with this .

Zeppe

ytayta555 wrote:
> I know to work with VBA , I'm not looking for VBA ; I have
> a code in VBA which work well , but I understood that C++ is
> an extremly fast programming language , and I want to have a
> C++ code which can handle with Excel application ( copy , paste
> values in Excel worksheet , ... etc.) .

excel doesn't support c++ natively. However, you can write a dynamic
library (dll) in c++ and use it in excel (through vba I guess, not sure).

> I am interested where I must look for in help or another links , to
> can get
> start with this .

As Christian already told you, you are off-topic here, that is in this
newsgroup we don't discuss about things that are not related to the c++
language.

No wonder though if querying google with /c++ excel/ gives you a lot of
good results to start with.

Best,

Zeppe

Christian Hackl

ytayta555 ha scritto:

> On 28 Noi, 15:11, Christian Hackl <ha...@sbox.tugraz.at> wrote:
>
>> C++ is a general-purpose programming language that can be used for
>> everything.
>> Christian Hackl
>
> Thank very much for reply

Well, I fear you quoted the least relevant part of my posting :)
My point was that C++, being a general-purpose programming language,
does not impose any limits on the kinds of software applications that
can be written in it. But that's not exactly a very exciting observation
because the same is true for languages like C, Fortran or Cobol as well.

> I know to work with VBA , I'm not looking for VBA ; I have
> a code in VBA which work well , but I understood that C++ is
> an extremly fast programming language , and I want to have a
> C++ code which can handle with Excel application ( copy , paste
> values in Excel worksheet , ... etc.) .

As I said, that's off-topic on this newsgroup. Maybe there's a C++
library for opening and reading MS Office files. I don't know. You
should ask at some place where Excel is on-topic.

--
Christian Hackl

ytayta555

On 28 Noi, 15:53, Zeppe <ze...@remove.all.this.long.comment.yahoo.it>
wrote:
> excel doesn't support c++ natively. However, you can write a dynamic
> library (dll) in c++ and use it in excel (through vba I guess, not sure).

Thanks both for sugestions , I'll try to find a way ;
I'd like to program in C++ because I red that C++ is more
faster then VBA , that's why I tried to find a way to
program Excel application with C++ ;
Maybe have this something common with OOP ?? ...

I installed Visual C++ in my pc , and , another variant ,
is maybe , what my actual VBA code do , to make it
working with array in C++

ytayta555

Another variant is to know a DataBase application ,
which can be programming with C++ ;
Visual FoxPro is maybe one of them ?
In this case I must learn the basics of
Visual FoxPro .

wrote:
> No wonder though if querying google with /c++ excel/ gives you a lot of
> good results to start with.
>
> Best,
>
> Zeppe

Great advice , I must do my homework somewhere
around here : http://support.microsoft.com...