Re: Ruby 1.8.7-p173 released

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Ruby 1.8.7-p173 released"
on Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:17:02 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <headius@headius.com> writes:

|Why was this not caught in the original fix? I thought the ruby-core
|folks were running RubySpecs now...

It was me introduced a bug. I neglect to run the test this time.
Unfortunately, 1.9 maintainers seemed to trust me, who they shouldn't
trust. I hope we could learn something from this experience.

I have just committed all the fixes (from 1.9) to 1.8 HEAD.

matz.

1 Answer

Charles O Nutter

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto<matz@ruby-lang.org> wro=
te:
> It was me introduced a bug. =C2=A0I neglect to run the test this time.
> Unfortunately, 1.9 maintainers seemed to trust me, who they shouldn't
> trust. =C2=A0I hope we could learn something from this experience.
>
> I have just committed all the fixes (from 1.9) to 1.8 HEAD.

I know how that is, and I sympathize. Good thing Ruby has a great
community to catch us when we stumble :)

Let me know if there's any way I can help ruby-core devs include
rubyspecs in day-to-day development. They only take about a minute to
run.

- Charlie