comp.lang.c++

[OT]: Boost library program_options

(2b|!2b)==?

11/27/2008 1:29:00 AM

I am building a module that uses the BOOST program_options headers - I
am getting the following link error:

Cannot open file:
libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-sgd-1_35.lib

I cant locate this file (despite several Google searches) - and I cant
build the entire BOOST distro because of time/space constraints - is
anyone aware of where/how I may obtain this lib?
3 Answers

Gennaro Prota

(2b|!2b)==? wrote:
> I am building a module that uses the BOOST program_options headers - I
> am getting the following link error:
>
> Cannot open file:
> libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-sgd-1_35.lib
>
> I cant locate this file (despite several Google searches) - and I cant
> build the entire BOOST distro because of time/space constraints - is
> anyone aware of where/how I may obtain this lib?

It's a question for the Boost Users list:
<http://www.boost.org/community/group...

(take not for the next time :-)

You might get the Windows installer from the BoostPro Computing
website.

--
Gennaro Prota | name.surname yahoo.com
Breeze C++ (preview): <https://sourceforge.net/projects/b...

Hrvoje Prgeša

(2b|!2b)==? wrote:
> and I cant
> build the entire BOOST distro because of time/space constraints - is
> anyone aware of where/how I may obtain this lib?

The easiest way is to build boost. You don't have to build the whole
boost - something like:

bjam --build-type=complete --toolset=msvc --with-program_options

should work nicely (add --with-system as well if you get further linking
errors).

The build shouldn't take too long and will take approx. 100MB of hard
drive. You could get it shorter if you play with --build-type and other
options, but I think you'll spend more time trying to find the right
options than it would take to build all configurations.

-- Hrvoje Prge1a

Paavo Helde

Hrvoje Prge¹a <hrvoje.prgesa@gmail.hr> kirjutas:

> (2b|!2b)==? wrote:
>> and I cant
>> build the entire BOOST distro because of time/space constraints - is
>> anyone aware of where/how I may obtain this lib?
>
> The easiest way is to build boost. You don't have to build the whole
> boost - something like:
>
> bjam --build-type=complete --toolset=msvc --with-program_options
>
> should work nicely (add --with-system as well if you get further linking
> errors).

It seems in latest boost version(s?) the --build-type=complete does not
actually build all variations of the library. In order to get debug
libraries, I still had to add word "debug" to the command-line.

Paavo