Re: Ruby 1.8.7-p173 released

Barry Hess

6/10/2009 7:38:00 PM

FYI, there is a bug in BigDecimal#to_f with this release.

BigDecimal("10.03").to_f
=> 10.3

My colleague put together a temporary fix (the post is for Rails devs):

http://bi...

Hope this helps some folks out.

--
Barry Hess
http://ir...

Charles O Nutter

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Barry Hess<barry@bjhess.com> wrote:
> FYI, there is a bug in BigDecimal#to_f with this release.
>
> BigDecimal("10.03").to_f
> => 10.3
>
> My colleague put together a temporary fix (the post is for Rails devs):
>
> http://bi...

Why was this not caught in the original fix? I thought the ruby-core
folks were running RubySpecs now...

- Charlie

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Barry Hess<barry@bjhess.com> wrote:
>> FYI, there is a bug in BigDecimal#to_f with this release.
>>
>> BigDecimal("10.03").to_f
>> => 10.3
>>
>> My colleague put together a temporary fix (the post is for Rails
>> devs):
>>
>> http://bi...
>
> Why was this not caught in the original fix? I thought the ruby-core
> folks were running RubySpecs now...
>
> - Charlie

This was caught by the rubyspecs and is not broken in the release of
ruby-1.8.6_p369.

Cheers-
Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez@engineyard.com

Charles O Nutter

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz<ezmobius@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0This was caught by the rubyspecs and is not br=
oken in the release of
> ruby-1.8.6_p369.

Yes, I know that much from talking to Kirk... but I'm confused why
there would be a breakage in any of the other versions if everyone's
running RubySpecs.

- Charlie