get all cookies from a website

Mmcolli00 Mom

6/8/2009 7:45:00 PM

Hi all
Once I reach a website, I want to get a list of all the cookies for that
page. When I run this, the ruby scripts just sits and does nothing. How
do you get the cookie and values from a website using cgi gem? Thanks MC

#Once I login to my website, I run this script.

require 'cgi'
cgi = CGI.new
#cookie = CGI::Cookie.new
puts cgi.cookies

Fattuchus

On Oct 18, 9:48 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:17:29 -0700 (PDT), Fattuchus
>

> <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 17, 10:14 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Definitely, I've seen it happen over and over... as computers become
> >> more powerful, the individual employee becomes capable of doing as
> >> much work as two or three people.-
>
> >IMO computers have replaced hundreds of thousands of jobs, maybe
> >more.  Look at banking, for example.  Fifty years ago if I wanted to
> >withdraw money from a bank, II would have to go to the bank, stand on
> >line and deal with a teller.  Now people can deal with an ATM machine
> >or do certain transactions on line.  Thousands upon thousands of
> >teller jobs gone in a poof.
>
> >Same issue with certain jobs related to telephones.  Years ago if I
> >wanted techical support or to ask a question about a machine or
> >electronic device, I'd make a phone call and the person helping me
> >would be in the U.S.  No more.  In recent years I've called to get
> >advice regarding a Hewlitt Packard device, for example, and the person
> >answering the phone was in India or the Phillipines.  All those
> >American jobs are now overseas thanks to new telephone technology that
> >makes it cheaper for the corporations.
>
> now THATS a job I really wished they had NOT outsourced. We had to
> call ATT Uverse over the weekend and had an almost 2hour long service
> call to somebody in India, with an accent so thick, I had to ask her
> to slowly repeat almost every sentence. Really annoying.-

Once or twice I made calls to get help with America On Line. Imagine
my frustration when the persons answering the phone had heavy accents
and were in India. It irked me no end . . . .a company calls itself
"AMERICA On Line" and the technical support is in India.

And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
is hard to understand. Plus the digital phone connection is not the
best. Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.

Jeff

On Oct 18, 8:59 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 9:48 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:17:29 -0700 (PDT), Fattuchus
>
> > <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >IMO computers have replaced hundreds of thousands of jobs, maybe
> > >more.  Look at banking, for example.  Fifty years ago if I wanted to
> > >withdraw money from a bank, II would have to go to the bank, stand on
> > >line and deal with a teller.  Now people can deal with an ATM machine
> > >or do certain transactions on line.  Thousands upon thousands of
> > >teller jobs gone in a poof.
>
> > >Same issue with certain jobs related to telephones.  Years ago if I
> > >wanted techical support or to ask a question about a machine or
> > >electronic device, I'd make a phone call and the person helping me
> > >would be in the U.S.  No more.  In recent years I've called to get
> > >advice regarding a Hewlitt Packard device, for example, and the person
> > >answering the phone was in India or the Phillipines.  All those
> > >American jobs are now overseas thanks to new telephone technology that
> > >makes it cheaper for the corporations.
>
> > now THATS a job I really wished they had NOT outsourced. We had to
> > call ATT Uverse over the weekend and had an almost 2hour long service
> > call to somebody in India, with an accent so thick, I had to ask her
> > to slowly repeat almost every sentence. Really annoying.-
>
> Once or twice I made calls to get help with America On Line.  Imagine
> my frustration when the persons answering the phone had heavy accents
> and  were in India.  It irked me no end . . . .a company calls itself
> "AMERICA On Line" and the technical support is in India.
>
> And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> is hard to understand.  Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> best.   Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.

A guy who once owned a sub shop told me to call him
Fred cause it was easier. It wasn't his real name. He was
originally from Afghanistan or some place like that. It didn't
bother me that he asked me to call him Fred.

topaz

On Oct 18, 9:48 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:17:29 -0700 (PDT), Fattuchus
>

> <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 17, 10:14 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Definitely, I've seen it happen over and over... as computers become
> >> more powerful, the individual employee becomes capable of doing as
> >> much work as two or three people.-
>
> >IMO computers have replaced hundreds of thousands of jobs, maybe
> >more.  Look at banking, for example.  Fifty years ago if I wanted to
> >withdraw money from a bank, II would have to go to the bank, stand on
> >line and deal with a teller.  Now people can deal with an ATM machine
> >or do certain transactions on line.  Thousands upon thousands of
> >teller jobs gone in a poof.
>
> >Same issue with certain jobs related to telephones.  Years ago if I
> >wanted techical support or to ask a question about a machine or
> >electronic device, I'd make a phone call and the person helping me
> >would be in the U.S.  No more.  In recent years I've called to get
> >advice regarding a Hewlitt Packard device, for example, and the person
> >answering the phone was in India or the Phillipines.  All those
> >American jobs are now overseas thanks to new telephone technology that
> >makes it cheaper for the corporations.
>
> now THATS a job I really wished they had NOT outsourced. We had to
> call ATT Uverse over the weekend and had an almost 2hour long service
> call to somebody in India, with an accent so thick, I had to ask her
> to slowly repeat almost every sentence. Really annoying.- Hide quoted text -

Booking an airline ticket on AMERICAN Airlines or Delta can be a real
pain also for the same reason.
Sometimes I get the impression that the person I am speaking to has
never even been on an airplane because when I ask them certain
questions they suddenly go into brain freeze mode.
Occasionally I will ask to speak to a supervisor in the USA and then I
get a person who understands my questions.
It is as if various industries want us to use on line services and
avoid speaking to a real person in the first place.
Hey, maybe our health care could be the same way. If a person is sick
instead of calling their doctor's office, they get a nurse/medical
assistant in the Phillipines who gives them advice.
Do you think our POTUS or Congress would want to get their health care
that way? :)

BlackMonk

On 10/18/2011 9:59 AM, Fattuchus wrote:

> And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> is hard to understand. Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> best. Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.

I suspect no one actually has that name.

For some reason, you think it's amusing that Indians generally don't
have Western names and instead of actually using an Indian name, you
used a string of gibberish to make fun of their "weird" names.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.

And you wonder why people think you're a racist.

Fattuchus

On Oct 18, 8:57 pm, BlackMonk <BlackM...@msn.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/2011 9:59 AM, Fattuchus wrote:
>

> > And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> > is hard to understand.  Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> > best.   Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> > or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> > Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>
> I suspect no one actually has that name.
>
> For some reason, you think it's amusing that Indians generally don't
> have Western names and instead of actually using an Indian name, you
> used a string of gibberish to make fun of their "weird" names.
>
> Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.
>
> And you wonder why people think you're a racist.

Another personal attack? How many times have I asked you to stop?

No wonder some call you Mr. Intestines.

Go away.

Fattuchus

On Oct 18, 11:45 am, "who?" <yourimageunre...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > now THATS a job I really wished they had NOT outsourced. We had to
> > > call ATT Uverse over the weekend and had an almost 2hour long service
> > > call to somebody in India, with an accent so thick, I had to ask her
> > > to slowly repeat almost every sentence. Really annoying.-
>
> > Once or twice I made calls to get help with America On Line.  Imagine
> > my frustration when the persons answering the phone had heavy accents
> > and  were in India.  It irked me no end . . . .a company calls itself
> > "AMERICA On Line" and the technical support is in India.
>
> > And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> > is hard to understand.  Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> > best.   Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> > or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> > Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>
> A guy who once owned a sub shop  told me to call him
> Fred cause it was easier. It wasn't his real name. He was
> originally from Afghanistan or some place like that. It didn't
> bother me that he asked me to call him Fred.-

That doesn't bother me. But what does annoy me is that I call a major
company for help and the
person on the phone speaks broken English or has a heavy accent and
then claims to have
an American name (like John or Mary) when it's all a lie and a PR ploy.

topaz

On Oct 18, 8:57 pm, BlackMonk <BlackM...@msn.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/2011 9:59 AM, Fattuchus wrote:
>

> > And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> > is hard to understand.  Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> > best.   Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> > or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> > Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>
> I suspect no one actually has that name.
>
> For some reason, you think it's amusing that Indians generally don't
> have Western names and instead of actually using an Indian name, you
> used a string of gibberish to make fun of their "weird" names.
>
> Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.
>
> And you wonder why people think you're a racist.

It is evident to me that for some reason, you are hypercritical when
it comes to posts that Fatts makes. You mean well but sometimes
you lose the forest for the trees.
The general issue being discussed was when a person who is American
calls AMERICA on line and is shunted involuntarily to a call center
that is clearly not American,
and then is speaking to someone who claims their name is John or
Mary and does not tell the caller that it is a 'stage name'.
I have had this experience and I have asked the person directly "is
your name really Mary" and most of the the time they have told me "No,
it is not".
In general IMO people working in these call centers should speak
clear English, and use their real names in case there are problems.
Additionally, it is a sad reflection of our economy that we have an
unemployment rate over 9% and millions of these jobs are being
shunted to outside countries. A corporation with the name AMERICA on
line that sends calls overseas makes the issue even more ironic.

Jeff

On Oct 19, 3:57 am, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Once or twice I made calls to get help with America On Line.  Imagine
> > > my frustration when the persons answering the phone had heavy accents
> > > and  were in India.  It irked me no end . . . .a company calls itself
> > > "AMERICA On Line" and the technical support is in India.
>
> > > And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
> > > is hard to understand.  Plus the digital phone connection is not the
> > > best.   Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
> > > or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
> > > Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>
> > A guy who once owned a sub shop  told me to call him
> > Fred cause it was easier. It wasn't his real name. He was
> > originally from Afghanistan or some place like that. It didn't
> > bother me that he asked me to call him Fred.-
>
> That doesn't bother me.  But what does annoy me is that I call a major
> company for help and the
> person on the phone speaks broken English or has a heavy accent and
> then claims to have
> an American name (like John or Mary) when it's all a lie and a PR ploy.

I think it's possible they use those names so that we can pronounce
them.

BlackMonk

On 10/19/2011 4:22 AM, Fattuchus wrote:
> On Oct 18, 8:57 pm, BlackMonk<BlackM...@msn.com> wrote:
>> On 10/18/2011 9:59 AM, Fattuchus wrote:
>>

>>> And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
>>> is hard to understand. Plus the digital phone connection is not the
>>> best. Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
>>> or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
>>> Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>>
>> I suspect no one actually has that name.
>>
>> For some reason, you think it's amusing that Indians generally don't
>> have Western names and instead of actually using an Indian name, you
>> used a string of gibberish to make fun of their "weird" names.
>>
>> Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.
>>
>> And you wonder why people think you're a racist.
>
> Another personal attack? How many times have I asked you to stop?

Sorry, but when you make a statement in a public forum, it's legitimate
for anyone to comment on it. When you make a statement that makes you
look like a bigot, it's perfectly reasonable for me to point it out.

BlackMonk

On 10/19/2011 6:00 AM, topazgalaxy wrote:
> On Oct 18, 8:57 pm, BlackMonk<BlackM...@msn.com> wrote:
>> On 10/18/2011 9:59 AM, Fattuchus wrote:
>>

>>> And, like you, the person answering the phone has a heavy accent and
>>> is hard to understand. Plus the digital phone connection is not the
>>> best. Oh, and I just love it when they say that their name is "John"
>>> or "Susan" or whatever, when I know darn well their real name is
>>> Rieothwitiehwowidisiaoaodialalaoophthwithwhtjkewititit.
>>
>> I suspect no one actually has that name.
>>
>> For some reason, you think it's amusing that Indians generally don't
>> have Western names and instead of actually using an Indian name, you
>> used a string of gibberish to make fun of their "weird" names.
>>
>> Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.
>>
>> And you wonder why people think you're a racist.
>
> It is evident to me that for some reason, you are hypercritical when
> it comes to posts that Fatts makes. You mean well but sometimes
> you lose the forest for the trees.
> The general issue being discussed was when a person who is American
> calls AMERICA on line and is shunted involuntarily to a call center
> that is clearly not American,
> and then is speaking to someone who claims their name is John or
> Mary and does not tell the caller that it is a 'stage name'.
> I have had this experience and I have asked the person directly "is
> your name really Mary" and most of the the time they have told me "No,
> it is not".
> In general IMO people working in these call centers should speak
> clear English, and use their real names in case there are problems.
> Additionally, it is a sad reflection of our economy that we have an
> unemployment rate over 9% and millions of these jobs are being
> shunted to outside countries. A corporation with the name AMERICA on
> line that sends calls overseas makes the issue even more ironic.

None of which changes the fact that Fatt thought it was funny to portray
a string of random letters as an Indian name.

Do you approve of that?