comp.lang.c++

Extract data from website

I'mLost

11/25/2008 2:49:00 PM

Hi! I was wandering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
I need to pull text from a secure site that requires a username and
password. I have the username and password, and checking the stats on
the site everyday (it is a slow site), takes time. I want to automate
the process. I want to write the code myself, useing any existing
libraries that I can get off the net, but googleing it has gotten me
nowhere.

Maxim Yegorushkin

On Nov 25, 2:48 pm, "I'mLost" <Kendon.K...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! I was wandering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
> I need to pull text from a secure site that requires a username and
> password. I have the username and password, and checking the stats on
> the site everyday (it is a slow site), takes time. I want to automate
> the process. I want to write the code myself, useing any existing
> libraries that I can get off the net, but googleing it has gotten me
> nowhere.
> Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Have you looked at http://cur... ?
You could script curl command line utility to download the data or use
libcurl in you C/C++ code.

--
Max

Puppet_Sock

On Nov 25, 9:48 am, "I'mLost" <Kendon.K...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! I was wandering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
> I need to pull text from a secure site that requires a username and
> password. I have the username and password, and checking the stats on
> the site everyday (it is a slow site), takes time. I want to automate
> the process. I want to write the code myself, useing any existing
> libraries that I can get off the net, but googleing it has gotten me
> nowhere.
> Can anybody point me in the right direction?

This is generally outside the standard language. You will
get better, and more help, if you find a news group that
is related to your specific platform. For example, if you
are doing this on a Microsoft computer, then you want to
look in news groups with dos or windows or microsoft in
the name. And you want to check out news groups with the
name of your compiler in the name.

Try searching at google groups first, and see what groups
talk about your specific platform and development tools.

http://groups....

Socks

I'mLost

On Nov 25, 6:15 pm, Puppet_Sock <puppet_s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 25, 9:48 am, "I'mLost" <Kendon.K...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi! I was wandering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
> > I need to pull text from a secure site that requires a username and
> > password. I have the username and password, and checking the stats on
> > the site everyday (it is a slow site), takes time. I want to automate
> > the process. I want to write the code myself, useing any existing
> > libraries that I can get off the net, but googleing it has gotten me
> > nowhere.
> > Can anybody point me in the right direction?
>
> This is generally outside the standard language. You will
> get better, and more help, if you find a news group that
> is related to your specific platform. For example, if you
> are doing this on a Microsoft computer, then you want to
> look in news groups with dos or windows or microsoft in
> the name. And you want to check out news groups with the
> name of your compiler in the name.
>
> Try searching at google groups first, and see what groups
> talk about your specific platform and development tools.
>
> http://groups....
>
> Socks

Thanks for your replies.
I was looking at curl I was just not sure if I was wasting my time.
At least I feel better about it now
Thanks again