Hosting Ruby in C#

Durgaprasad Gorti

Folks,

I am trying to integrate Ruby into a C# app.

For this, I am trying to use the .NET interop.

It looks like the dll I would like use (On windows Platform)
is the msvcrt-ruby18.dll.

The dll above seems to export routines with _ prefix
such as _rub_init(). So technically I could do

A [dllimport and use _ruby_init ] as the function to call.

To verify my theory, I looked at the ruby.h and I was hoping

To find an ifdef that defines ruby_init (without the underscore) to
_ruby_init (with underscore)
I can't find such a thing.

So my question here is if I am trying to load the msvcrt-ruby18.dll and call
functions
from the dll, should/could I call these functions with leading underscores?

Thanks for your help.

Durgaprasad Gorti

http://blogs.msdn....

2 Answers

Michael Bruschkewitz

"Durgaprasad Gorti" <dgorti@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> To find an ifdef that defines ruby_init (without the underscore) to
> _ruby_init (with underscore)
> I can't find such a thing.

The "_" is automatically added when functions are compiled using
"C"-linkage. This is done by the compiler w/o preprocessor affected.

> So my question here is if I am trying to load the msvcrt-ruby18.dll and
> call
> functions
> from the dll, should/could I call these functions with leading
> underscores?

IMHO, no.
Why you did not just try it?

Regards,
Michael B.

Huw Collingbourne

Durgaprasad Gorti wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am trying to integrate Ruby into a C# app.

You may want to try our (free) Ruby Connector:

http://www.sapphir.../SapphireSteel...

best wishes
Huw

SapphireSteel Software