conflicts with file from package ruby-libs

dawson

6/6/2009 7:46:00 PM

I installed ruby using yum on RHEL 5, but then wanted to upgrade the
version to ruby-1.8..6 using a public repos
(http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topi...).

I removed ruby from the system, however, every time I go to install from
the repos it's trying to do an update on ruby-libs instead of install

installing:
ruby i686
1.8.6.111-1 ruby
525 k
ruby x86_64
1.8.5-5.el5_2.6 rhel-x86_64-server-5
280 k
Updating:
ruby-libs i686
1.8.6.111-1 ruby
2.6 M

I have done a locate and ruby-libs isn't anywhere on the system, and if
I proceed to try and let it do an update I get "... conflicts with file
from package ruby-libs-1.8.5-5.el5_2.6.x86_64"

I need to try and find/remove ruby-libs, any ideas? Thanks