comp.lang.c++

C++ profiling source

Peter Liedermann

Does any of you know a statement-level C++-Profiler? Most importantly, I
want to know how much time is consumed by each/certain C++ statements or
sequences (also, but not only, operations of classes). I have all rights
to my source code and can compile it any time. My development environment
is presently VC++ 2008 express. My programs are complex algorithms
running locally (on my machine), with intensive use of STL. During
debugging, masses of line-oriented I/O are produced, in the final version
i/o will be insignificant, hopefully also the amount of (memory/disk)
paging.

I know, there are lots! I would like one which (legally) costs less than
150 US-Bucks, single user.

Can anybody help me?

Thanx,
Peter
1 Answer

maverik

On Nov 24, 7:16 pm, "Peter Liedermann" <peter09...@hispeed.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does any of you know a statement-level C++-Profiler?  Most importantly, I
> want to know how much time is consumed by each/certain C++ statements or
> sequences (also, but not only, operations of classes).  I have all rights
> to my source code and can compile it any time.  My development environment
> is presently VC++ 2008 express.  My programs are complex algorithms
> running locally (on my machine), with intensive use of STL.  During
> debugging, masses of line-oriented I/O are produced, in the final version
> i/o will be insignificant, hopefully also the amount of (memory/disk)
> paging.
>
> I know, there are lots!  I would like one which (legally) costs less than
> 150 US-Bucks, single user.
>
> Can anybody help me?

Try to ask in the VS/VC++ group (if any). I know only one good
profiler for VC++ under Windows (really good): AQTime. but it costs
more than 150$