comp.lang.c++

reading and writting data problem

MJK

11/21/2008 3:56:00 AM

Hello,

I am reading a data file but when I try to print what I already read,
it just prints the first line of the data correctly. From the second
line, it prints 0 for integers and nothing for characters. When I
tried to print the data after every line that I read, it prints
everything OK but when I try to pint after finishing the reading, it
just prints the first line correctly! For allocating the memory, I
used new and to free it, I used delete.

I have to add that sometimes everything goes OK and sometimes I am
facing this problem. Usually it depends how big the entry data is. Any
comments?

MJK

2 Answers

osmium

"MJK" wrote:

> I am reading a data file but when I try to print what I already read,
> it just prints the first line of the data correctly. From the second
> line, it prints 0 for integers and nothing for characters. When I
> tried to print the data after every line that I read, it prints
> everything OK but when I try to pint after finishing the reading, it
> just prints the first line correctly! For allocating the memory, I
> used new and to free it, I used delete.
>
> I have to add that sometimes everything goes OK and sometimes I am
> facing this problem. Usually it depends how big the entry data is. Any
> comments?

Just a wild guess, but there might be a bug in your code.

jt

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:56:05 -0800, MJK wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am reading a data file but when I try to print what I already read, it
> just prints the first line of the data correctly. From the second line,
> it prints 0 for integers and nothing for characters. When I tried to
> print the data after every line that I read, it prints everything OK but
> when I try to pint after finishing the reading, it just prints the first
> line correctly! For allocating the memory, I used new and to free it, I
> used delete.
>
> I have to add that sometimes everything goes OK and sometimes I am
> facing this problem. Usually it depends how big the entry data is. Any
> comments?

Stock answer: there is an error on line 42 of your code.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.ht...

--
Lionel B