comp.lang.c++

Linux g++: how to prevent ALL functions being inlined

Michal

11/20/2008 4:16:00 PM

Hallo Group Members
I am using g++ version 4.3.0.
Previously I used "-finline-limit=0" for that, but now it no longer works.

best regards,
Michal
5 Answers

maverik

On Nov 20, 7:16 pm, Michal <rabbi...@tenbit.pl> wrote:
> Hallo Group Members
> I am using g++ version 4.3.0.
> Previously I used "-finline-limit=0" for that, but now it no longer works.

It is not the right place to ask questions about gcc/g++

Use -fno-inlide or -fno-default-inline

Michal

maverik <maverik.mail@gmail.com> writes:

> It is not the right place to ask questions about gcc/g++

where is it then?

> Use -fno-inlide or -fno-default-inline

thanks for the answer

Maxim Yegorushkin

On Nov 20, 4:52 pm, Michal <rabbi...@tenbit.pl> wrote:
> maverik <maverik.m...@gmail.com> writes:
> > It is not the right place to ask questions about gcc/g++
>
> where is it then?

gnu.g++.help

--
Max

Jorgen Grahn

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:00:10 -0800 (PST), Maxim Yegorushkin <maxim.yegorushkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 4:52 pm, Michal <rabbi...@tenbit.pl> wrote:
>> maverik <maverik.m...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > It is not the right place to ask questions about gcc/g++
>>
>> where is it then?
>
> gnu.g++.help

Or in this case, just RTFM. Using gcc (or any compiler) without
knowing how to read the documentation is a recipe for disaster --
even if there was an army of helpful people on Usenet, ready to
answer questions like this.

/Jorgen

tomasso

"tomasso" <tom@asso.com> wrote in message

> "Addinall" <addinall@addinall.net> wrote in message news:4e20c157@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

>>> I never managed a science degree because I never formally studied
>>> science.
>>
>> It shows. And yet, you don't seem to have a problem calling CO2 'pollution'. The new
>> left mantra which has no basis in science.
>> High school would have done, you don't really need a degree to
>> understand that CO2 is the base for ALL life on this planet.
>> YOU are built from CO2. You exhale it at 50,000 ppm fifteen times
>> a minute.
>>
>> Since we both live in QLD, has it escaped your notice that for the
>> last four years it has been colder than much of all recorded history?
>> -7C up your way just a few days ago.
>>
>> Is this a result of 'runaway' Global warming?
>>
>> Near everyone in the world is now a wake-up to the AGW scam. It was a little difficult
>> for me over the last two decades pointing out that the hypothesis was wrong, but now I
>> seem to have collected some supporters.
>>
>> The datasets look less in favour of the AGW hypothesis than they did a decade ago, and
>> then they were on VERY shaky ground. So much so, that
>> B. Brown needed to re-define statistical 'significance' to follow his
>> path through 'science', and when I challenged Flannery I got the
>> response "I am not a stats guy, so I can't comment on your findings,
>> but the evidence is clear..."
>>
>> SPIT.
>>
>> The first question any scientist should ask is
>>
>> "Show me"
>
> That's the second question.
>
> The first question is "how do you know that"? To which you get an
> answer (amounts to a protocol for obtaining evidence and analysing it). Ie, an outline
> of the approach and reasoning.
>
> If that stands up, the second question is "Show me"? Ie, the data and
> the steps...

And I forgot the zeroeth question: "What is your motivation"?

T.

If thermodynamics can have a zeroeth law, I can have a zeroeth question.