comp.lang.c++

C++ Builder --> Remote MS Access Connection.

TomaszC

11/17/2008 8:51:00 PM

Hi, Friends,

I have read on one website that it is possible to connect C++ Builder
applications to MS Access databases. Is it actually possible? I have
tried modifying the connection string so that the IP address with the
path to my database is included, but it still does not work.

Has anyone done this before?

Many thanks,

TOM
2 Answers

Salt_Peter

On Nov 17, 3:50 pm, TomaszC <tomasz.cic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Friends,
>
> I have read on one website that it is possible to connect C++ Builder
> applications to MS Access databases. Is it actually possible? I have
> tried modifying the connection string so that the IP address with the
> path to my database is included, but it still does not work.
>
> Has anyone done this before?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> TOM

Sorry, try asking an appropriate forum. This newsgroup is about C++,
not proprietary

perhaps you'll find help here:

[5.9] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.ht...

or

http://www.codegear.com/products/...

Hendrik Schober

TomaszC wrote:
> Hi, Friends,
>
> I have read on one website that it is possible to connect C++ Builder
> applications to MS Access databases. Is it actually possible? I have
> tried modifying the connection string so that the IP address with the
> path to my database is included, but it still does not work.
>
> Has anyone done this before?

If so they're probably to be found at news://forums.codegear.com.

> Many thanks,
>
> TOM

Schobi