comp.lang.c++

Re: Shell Access with C++ Recommendations

eerpini

11/17/2008 10:48:00 AM

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 01:56 -0800, James Kanze wrote:
> Totally serious. I regularly invoke Unix shells via system
> under Windows. It does take some playing around with the path
> in your environment (the "system" configuration panel, in the
> "advanced" section), but it works. The important different I've
> seen is that under Unix, system() always invokes the shell to
> interpret the command line you've given it; under Windows, it
> normally doesn't, but rather interprets it somehow itself (I
> think; I've had problems with quoted text in the command line;
> things like "someprog -x \"a.*b\"".) If you want full shell
> interpretation, you might have to write the command to a file,
> and invoke "sh < filename" or "sh filename" in the call to
> system().
he was not referring to shell access using the system() call so that he
could run shell commands. He was rather looking for a shell access
service on the internet so that he could test his 'networking code'.
Something like ssh access ..... understand ?