comp.lang.javascript

Is it possible to use MySQL with node.js?

bit-naughty

4/1/2016 6:01:00 PM

Is it possible to do this? Do I need some special version of node.js? And, does it need a specific version of MySQL/MariaDB? How do I get info on how to do the programming?
Will the whole thing just *work*, out of the box, on say CentOS? So that I can get to coding without further delay? Or do I have to do lots of configurations and set this and that up and so on?

Thanks.
1 Answer

Ben Bacarisse

bit-naughty@hotmail.com writes:

> Is it possible to do this? Do I need some special version of node.js?

I suspect (not yet tried) that you just need to install the right
package. On my system (Ubuntu) there is a node-mysql package. The same
will be available via npm too.

> And, does it need a specific version of MySQL/MariaDB? How do I get
> info on how to do the programming?

https://www.npmjs.com/package/...

I think you could have found this out for yourself!

<snip>
--
Ben.