comp.lang.javascript

Voice, from client to server (webRTC

bit-naughty

How does one capture audio from the mic? I know of services like appear.in which allow you to video conference in the browser, so I guess it's possible, but how.....?? Also, if the audio data can be transmitted to a server, is there some way to tell if it transferred reliably or not? (in case the net in the middle is dropping packets or something....?)

Thanks.
1 Answer

Evertjan.

bit-naughty@hotmail.com wrote on 29 Mar 2016 in comp.lang.javascript:

> How does one capture audio from the mic? I know of services like
> appear.in which allow you to video conference in the browser, so I guess
> it's possible, but how.....?? Also, if the audio data can be transmitted
> to a server, is there some way to tell if it transferred reliably or
> not? (in case the net in the middle is dropping packets or
> something....?)

What has this to do with Javascript???

Do you expect the mike is captured by XMLhttp?

This is not a general knowledge NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.