comp.lang.javascript

Eye exercises

emf

3/26/2016 6:19:00 AM

In my new version exercise 4 of the eye exercises

http://emf.neociti...

instead of having an array of the text, I've tried loading text.txt using

reader.open(...)

and thus create the array. But while this works fine locally and while
JSlint finds no problems, it doesn't work on the website, and the
Firefox Web Console gives the following error:

TypeError: stanza[rndm] is undefined eyeExercise4.js:59:9

From what I've gathered, in the function loadData() the execution reaches

data = reader.responseText;

but then an

alert(data);

does not find it.

Is there a way to make this version work on the web?

Eustace

--
The folk oratorios of Mikis Theodorakis
http://emf.neocities.org/mt/folkorat...

emf

On 2016-03-26 02:18, emf wrote:
> In my new version exercise 4 of the eye exercises
>
> http://emf.neociti...
>
> instead of having an array of the text, I've tried loading text.txt using
>
> reader.open(...)
>
> and thus create the array. But while this works fine locally and while
> JSlint finds no problems, it doesn't work on the website, and the
> Firefox Web Console gives the following error:
>
> TypeError: stanza[rndm] is undefined eyeExercise4.js:59:9
>
> From what I've gathered, in the function loadData() the execution reaches
>
> data = reader.responseText;
>
> but then an
>
> alert(data);
>
> does not find it.
>
> Is there a way to make this version work on the web?
>
> Eustace

Sorry. I thought I had uploaded text.txt, but there is occasionally some
problem with the server, and sometimes it behaves as if it uploads but
it doesn't. I'll follow up on this thread when I'll be able to upload
the file. emf

--
Natal Transits Calculator
http://emf.neocities.org/nt/nataltra...