comp.lang.javascript

Javascript Form Validation

abdullahh546

9/28/2015 8:07:00 PM

I am creating a Registration/login page . When user enter a field , and goes no to next field , i want the browser to show the error just below the incorrect data field . In this way only valid entries is submitted . I dont want to show error when user click submit button . Just after every wrong field when going to next field .
4 Answers

Evertjan.

abdullahh546@gmail.com wrote on 28 Sep 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I am creating a Registration/login page . When user enter a field , and
> goes no to next field , i want the browser to show the error just below
> the incorrect data field . In this way only valid entries is submitted .
> I dont want to show error when user click submit button . Just after
> every wrong field when going to next field .

Have you got a question?

Is this a school assignment?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

abdullahh546

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 5:44:14 AM UTC+8, Evertjan. wrote:
> abdullahh546@gmail.com wrote on 28 Sep 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
> > I am creating a Registration/login page . When user enter a field , and
> > goes no to next field , i want the browser to show the error just below
> > the incorrect data field . In this way only valid entries is submitted .
> > I dont want to show error when user click submit button . Just after
> > every wrong field when going to next field .
>
> Have you got a question?
>
> Is this a school assignment?
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

No assignment . Just experimenting . I can easily show the error(if any) below the field when user hit submit button . But what i want is to show error immediately after going to next field .

abdullahh546

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:19:41 PM UTC+8, Abdullah hasan wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 5:44:14 AM UTC+8, Evertjan. wrote:
> > abdullahh546@gmail.com wrote on 28 Sep 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:
> >
> > > I am creating a Registration/login page . When user enter a field , and
> > > goes no to next field , i want the browser to show the error just below
> > > the incorrect data field . In this way only valid entries is submitted .
> > > I dont want to show error when user click submit button . Just after
> > > every wrong field when going to next field .
> >
> > Have you got a question?
> >
> > Is this a school assignment?
> >
> > --
> > Evertjan.
> > The Netherlands.
> > (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
>
> No assignment . Just experimenting . I can easily show the error(if any) below the field when user hit submit button . But what i want is to show error immediately after going to next field .

function myfunction()
{

var v = document.getElementById('email').value;

if(v=="")
{
document.getElementById('colour1').className+=' has-error';
document.getElementById('fill').innerHTML="Please enter a valid username";

return false;

}

}

Evertjan.

Abdullah hasan <abdullahh546@gmail.com> wrote on 29 Sep 2015 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:19:41 PM UTC+8, Abdullah hasan
> wrote:

>> > Have you got a question?
>> >
>> > Is this a school assignment?

[please do not quote signatures on usenet]

>> No assignment . Just experimenting . I can easily show the error(if
>> any) below the field when user hit submit button . But what i want is
>> to show error immediately after going to next field .
>
> function myfunction() {
> var v = document.getElementById('email').value;
> if(v=="") {
> document.getElementById('colour1').className+=' has-error';
> document.getElementById('fill').innerHTML =
> 'Please enter a valid username';
> return false;

Not needed for below.

> };
> };

[Still my first Q is not anwered, I'll have to guess]

use:

<input onBlur = 'myfunction(this)' ...>

For multiple fields getElementById() will not be ideal,
try DOM-transversing with:
'this', 'parentNode', etc.
and display:none or visibility:hidden.

--