comp.lang.javascript

A descriptive unit test library

shalmoo

6/15/2015 8:28:00 AM

I wrote a descriptive unit test library for myself, but in case if anyone else finds it useful, you're welcome:

https://github.com/sha...

The difference from any other unit test library is that this one not just performs the test, but also shows the code with result.

Any comments or advises would be much appreciated, folks.
1 Answer

Scott Sauyet

shalmoo@gmail.com wrote:
> I wrote a descriptive unit test library for myself, but in case if anyone
> else finds it useful, you're welcome:
>
> https://github.com/sha...

Thank you for sharing. While I find nothing in it that would cause me
to choose it over my existing preferences of Jasmine and Mocha, I applaud
you for creating one. I think it's a very useful rite of passage to
build a unit test framework in Javascript. There are so many reasonable
choices one can make; the code is not all that difficult, but it's also
not something that is done in an hour or two; it is clearly useful
very quickly. In short, it's a nice exercise in both API and
implementation, and one that generates something useful.

Here's a challenge for you: how would you add to your library the ability
to test asynchronous calls? These often change a library drastically.
Would they do so to yours?

Congratulations on your library, and best of luck!

-- Scott