microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

[ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error

tech.support.b

6/17/2006 6:18:00 AM

Hi All

I have a visual basic application, which uses SQL Server 2000(sp3a) as
the database, MDAC 2.8 library. I open one connection to the db on the
application start, and the applicaiton works fine for few days, then
suddenly it gives this error [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite
(send()).]General network error. -2147467259 .
I tried to close the connection and open again on this error, and I get
this error, [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does
not exist or access denied. -2147467259. If the application is closed
and opened agian, it works fine without any problems.
This applicaiton runs on at around 12 different sites. I have this
problem only in 3 sites, and there is no pattern to when this error
occurs and I really cannot replicate it.
I have checked the SQL server logs, application logs, system logs on
server and client machines, there is nothing useful I could find.
The client running the application, and the server and on the same LAN,
no firewall.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks