comp.lang.lisp

lisp prevayler and web framework

endlessboomcapitalism

5/25/2016 6:40:00 AM

can anyone share thier experience with lisp prevayler and building dynamic websites?
2 Answers

kamen-no-spam

endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com writes:

> can anyone share thier experience with lisp prevayler and building
> dynamic websites?

If you have in mind the Lisp implementation of the Prevalence concept, I
have tried both BKNR and CL-PREVALENCE. I don't use CL libraries to
build websites.

BKNR datastore / indices is an easy to use framework for object
persistence and manipulation. I find it useful for small projects.

CL-PREVALENCE is a persistence library. It is harder to use, but it my
opinion it has the potential to be used for more serios work. Being a
library, it does not limit you to its world and that makes it is easier
to extend.

Unless for providing JSON interfaces I don't see the merrit of using CL
libraries for building dynamic websites. Unless I can use CL on the
clients' side I would rather use Clojure Script.

-- Kamen Tomov

endlessboomcapitalism

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6:29:15 AM UTC-4, kamen-...@gmail.com wrote:
> endlessboomcapitalism@gmail.com writes:
>
> > can anyone share thier experience with lisp prevayler and building
> > dynamic websites?
>
> If you have in mind the Lisp implementation of the Prevalence concept, I
> have tried both BKNR and CL-PREVALENCE. I don't use CL libraries to
> build websites.
>
> BKNR datastore / indices is an easy to use framework for object
> persistence and manipulation. I find it useful for small projects.
>
> CL-PREVALENCE is a persistence library. It is harder to use, but it my
> opinion it has the potential to be used for more serios work. Being a
> library, it does not limit you to its world and that makes it is easier
> to extend.
>
> Unless for providing JSON interfaces I don't see the merrit of using CL
> libraries for building dynamic websites. Unless I can use CL on the
> clients' side I would rather use Clojure Script.
>
> -- Kamen Tomov

you were doing well until you mentioned jvm java oracle based clojure and json

server side web apps are fine without goofy json

oracle is cancer as is java