comp.lang.lisp

hunchentoot - how do i debug local variables

Bigos

3/17/2016 1:37:00 PM

I have a hunchentoot "route"

(hunchentoot:define-easy-handler (uri2 :uri "/dist") ()
(dist))

that points to a problematic controller

(defun dist ()
(let ((rq hunchentoot:*request*)
(params (hunchentoot:get-parameters hunchentoot:*request*)))
;; debug if necessary
(setf hunchentoot:*catch-errors-p* nil) ; go to debugger on error
(/ 2 0)
(default-layout (dist-view))))

I can raise the error, stop the execution in invoke debugger at this point.

However in the stack trace i do not see easy way to access local
variables rq and params.

How do I do it?
1 Answer

rwiker

Bigos <ruby.object@googlemail.com> writes:

> I have a hunchentoot "route"
>
> (hunchentoot:define-easy-handler (uri2 :uri "/dist") ()
> (dist))
>
> that points to a problematic controller
>

> (defun dist ()
> (let ((rq hunchentoot:*request*)
> (params (hunchentoot:get-parameters hunchentoot:*request*)))
> ;; debug if necessary
> (setf hunchentoot:*catch-errors-p* nil) ; go to debugger on error
> (/ 2 0)
> (default-layout (dist-view))))
>
> I can raise the error, stop the execution in invoke debugger at this point.
>
> However in the stack trace i do not see easy way to access local
> variables rq and params.
>
> How do I do it?

This depends more on your Lisp environment than on Hunchentoot. I know
this is easy to do in Lispworks, and I think it should also be easy to
do with sbcl and slime, or ccl and slime.