comp.lang.lisp

asdf-package-inferred-system :use a package without package identifier

chream33

3/12/2016 7:52:00 PM

Hi, I am trying out the ASDF package-inferred-system and have a question. I am wondering if it is at all possible to :use a package from a different system (that is not implementing the package-inferred-system) so that I do not have to use the package prefix. I have tried registering the system, :using the system, :import-from (and also specifying the needed functions/methods) and :mixing the system but still I have to use the prefix. Is this on purpose as to make the code cleaner or am I doing something wrong?

This cause a problem for me when using the 'iterate' package. I actually cant use the package at all. Even with the package prefix.

thanks
1 Answer

chream33

On Saturday, 12 March 2016 20:52:04 UTC+1, chre...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I am trying out the ASDF package-inferred-system and have a question. I am wondering if it is at all possible to :use a package from a different system (that is not implementing the package-inferred-system) so that I do not have to use the package prefix. I have tried registering the system, :using the system, :import-from (and also specifying the needed functions/methods) and :mixing the system but still I have to use the prefix. Is this on purpose as to make the code cleaner or am I doing something wrong?
>
> This cause a problem for me when using the 'iterate' package. I actually cant use the package at all. Even with the package prefix.
>
> thanks

Feel so dumb. Forgot to add (in-package ...) to my files. Nevermind.