comp.lang.lisp

global variable inspection

Taoufik Dachraoui

2/7/2016 6:45:00 PM

Hi

Can I inspect a global variable while a program is running?

I am using emacs/slim/ccl

Kind regards
Taoufik
2 Answers

Scout

"Free Lunch" <lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote in message
> On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:07:16 -0600, RD Sandman
> <rdsandman[remove]@comcast.net> wrote in alt.atheism:
>
>>Free Lunch <lunch@nofreelunch.us> wrote in

>>> Yes, but we need to note how many times the Senate has been too lazy
>>> to do its job and approve or disapprove appointments.
>>
>>Appointments are not done via EO.
>
> Recess appointments effectively are.
>
>> They need to get
>>> each one done within a month to six weeks, they have no excuse for
>>> refusing to do their job.
>>
>>This I have no problem with. The problem is that I don't think that they
>>should confirm someone who is unpalatable simply because it is their job
>>to confirm nominees.
>
> It is their job not to waste everyone's time about it. ATF has not had
> an appointee confirmed for at least six years

Well it's that Democrat majority Senate that can't seem to get anything
done. Hell they haven't even passed a budget in that time either.

> Clearly Congress is being
> totally irresponsible.

If you mean the Senate I would agree with you.

>If they don't want someone, fine, get the vote
> done.

Senate can't see to do that because the majority leader won't bring such
things to a vote.

>The problem In the senate is that the minority party can waste
> everyone's time and nothing gets done.

Then why is it the majority leader refusing to call the vote that's the
issue?

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Taoufik Dachraoui <dachraoui.taoufik@gmail.com> writes:

> Can I inspect a global variable while a program is running?

Of course. Just evaluate it. I mean, as long as it's a special
variable and you're looking for the global dynamic binding.

> I am using emacs/slim/ccl

With slime you can just type the name of that variable (possibly
qualified by a package where this name is accessible), and C-u C-x C-e,
in any .lisp buffer.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informat...
â??The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a