comp.lang.lisp

MGL + Gentoo installation tutorial

Malice

1/18/2016 1:03:00 PM

I saw someone else link his blog post(although that was a long time ago), so I thought: why not? I hope that it's not against the rules.

Anyway, some time ago I tried to get MGL working. I'm using Gentoo, but even on other distributions this could be problematic. I spent some time(few hours, I believe) installing this and solving the problems I came up with. The result is that I got MGL working on my graphics card in laptop. Fortunately, the setup is easier to do and figure out than Torch (Lua ML framework).

Here's link to my blog post: http://lispyprogrammer.blogspot.com/2015/11/installing-mgl-common-lisp-ai-li...

I am glad to hear feedback from you. I recreated my installation process by looking at console log and/or REPL, so hopefully I got everything right.

As for MGL itself, I'd be glad if someone had any tutorials on it, since I find the documentation lacking (although this might be due to my unfamiliarity with ML).