comp.lang.lisp

Re: Needs Lisp a front-end?

William James

12/30/2015 12:04:00 AM

Ken Tilton wrote:

> Steven M. Haflich wrote:
> > It is true that for Lisp
> > beginners who have learned only C or Java, S-expr notation is a hurdle.
>
> Tell us more about your home planet. The only Earthlings who have a
> problem with Lisp syntax are people who have no interest in Lisp, have
> no intention of trying Lisp, and are just looking for something to say
> to justify their... I was going to say "stance", but that entails an
> ability to walk upright.

Worshippers of CL are nonhuman, inhuman, antihuman, and subhuman.

Understand?

--
Amazon bans book. After nearly a month on the site, all traces of the book and
its 80 reviews have been removed.

Kaz Kylheku

On 2015-12-30, WJ <w_a_x_man@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ken Tilton wrote:
>
>> Steven M. Haflich wrote:
>> > It is true that for Lisp
>> > beginners who have learned only C or Java, S-expr notation is a hurdle.
>>
>> Tell us more about your home planet. The only Earthlings who have a
>> problem with Lisp syntax are people who have no interest in Lisp, have
>> no intention of trying Lisp, and are just looking for something to say
>> to justify their... I was going to say "stance", but that entails an
>> ability to walk upright.
>
> Worshippers of CL are nonhuman, inhuman, antihuman, and subhuman.

That's to say nothing of the CLC trolls, who post seven days a week,
including long weekends, holidays, and, oh, all Christmas long.

Marco Antoniotti

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 7:38:35 AM UTC+2, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 2015-12-30, WJ <w_a_x_man@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Ken Tilton wrote:

> >> Tell us more about your home planet. The only Earthlings who have a
> >> problem with Lisp syntax are people who have no interest in Lisp, have
> >> no intention of trying Lisp, and are just looking for something to say
> >> to justify their... I was going to say "stance", but that entails an
> >> ability to walk upright.
> >
> > Worshippers of CL are nonhuman, inhuman, antihuman, and subhuman.
>
> That's to say nothing of the CLC trolls, who post seven days a week,
> including long weekends, holidays, and, oh, all Christmas long.

I fancy myself a Dweller from Nasqueron :)

Cheers
--
MA