comp.lang.lisp

Blub Christmas

Kaz Kylheku

12/10/2015 10:54:00 PM

I'll have a blub Christmas without you
I'll lose IQ, just hacking without you

Decorations are shed from a true syntax tree
Won't be the same hack, if not transformed by me

And when those long, slow makes start crawling
That's when that sad stupor becomes most appalling

They'll have nothing amiss, with their Christmas all Lisp
But I'll have a blub, blub blub blub Christmas
4 Answers

rpw3

Kaz Kylheku <kaz@kylheku.com> wrote:
+---------------
| I'll have a blub Christmas without you ...
+---------------

[Long, slow clap...]

(loop for holiday in (get 'Kaz :celebrated-holidays) do
(assert (have holiday :happy)))

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock <rpw3@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue <http://rpw...
San Mateo, CA 94403

Kenneth Tilton

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:20:06 PM UTC-5, Rob Warnock wrote:
> (loop for holiday in (get 'Kaz :celebrated-holidays) do
> (assert (have holiday :happy)))

<sob> Nice.

And how about a tip of Santa's cap to WJ? Can we get a version for him? Not to say we cannot have fun with the get indicator.

I doubt any of us read his posts, but he is family. And his support of c.l.l is the only reason lisp is still alive. (nb. Lispers include dead in the live category.)

Where was I?

Pascal J. Bourguignon

His Kennyness <kentilton@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:20:06 PM UTC-5, Rob Warnock wrote:
>> (loop for holiday in (get 'Kaz :celebrated-holidays) do
>> (assert (have holiday :happy)))
>
> <sob> Nice.
>
> And how about a tip of Santa's cap to WJ? Can we get a version for him? Not to say we cannot have fun with the get indicator.
>
> I doubt any of us read his posts, but he is family. And his support of
> c.l.l is the only reason lisp is still alive. (nb. Lispers include
> dead in the live category.)
>
> Where was I?

That would indeed be a sad end of cll to have only WJ and Kennyness to
post there.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informat...
â??The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a

Paul Rubin

His Kennyness <kentilton@gmail.com> writes:
> And how about a tip of Santa's cap to WJ? Can we get a version for
> him? Not to say we cannot have fun with the get indicator.

ANS Forth:

VARIABLE nholidays
: mset DOES> ( n -- ) 1 nholidays +! @ , , ;
: months ( "name" * 12 ) 13 1 do CREATE i , mset loop ;
months jan feb mar apr may jun jul aug sep oct nov dec

CREATE holidays
1 jan \ new years day
14 feb \ valentine's day
1 apr \ april fool's day
30 may \ memorial day
14 jun \ donald trump's birthday
4 jul \ US independence day
7 sep \ US labor day
19 sep \ international talk like a pirate day
31 oct \ halloween
26 nov \ US thanksgiving
27 nov \ black friday
30 nov \ cyber monday
25 dec \ christmas
31 dec \ NYE
\ end of holidays

: wj ( day month -- ) . ." / " . ." : Happy holidays, WJ!!!" ;
: happy cr nholidays @ 0 do i 2* cells holidays + 2@ wj cr loop ;

happy bye