comp.lang.lisp

videos for talks at BALisp

scheme

11/18/2015 8:16:00 PM

The San Francisco Bay Area Lisp and Scheme Users Group meets quarterly
to share lessons learned on various topics including computer science,
design, HCI, complex systems development, programming languages,
compiler optimization, cryptography, computer music, AI, and whatever
else the group finds interesting.

http://b...

The format is usually one long-form talk (between twenty minutes and
one hour) followed by several "educational lightning talks"
(background + five-minute presentation + five minutes for Q&A), with
all attendees invited to present if they feel like it. Followed by
snacks.

We've recently started video-recording our talks and publishing them
on YouTube, so I thought I'd make a quick announcement here. Here's
our playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoH3jteqsb2h-F5AHG4XVyZ...

The common thread is that most of the presenters & audience know at
least one dialect of Lisp (e.g. Common Lisp, Scheme, Clojure, Emacs
Lisp, etc). But it is a polyglot (not just Lisp-related) group, and
presentations on non Lisp-related subjects are encouraged.

Please join us in person, or have a look at our videos. (We expect to
have our next meeting in early February.)