Johannes Beekhuizen

5/14/2016 4:24:00 AM

Hallo All,

I'd like to talk to my serial ports using Java. Browsing the documentation did
not give me any ideas. Could somebody please give me a hint on how to do it?

Groetjes,

Hans.

4 Answers

Knute Johnson

Johannes Beekhuizen wrote:
> Hallo All,
>
> I'd like to talk to my serial ports using Java. Browsing the documentation did
> not give me any ideas. Could somebody please give me a hint on how to do it?
>
> Groetjes,
>
> Hans.

Sun just redid the JavaComm api for linux. I have a windows copy if you
can't find one and want it. It works fine for me but I'm not doing
anything really complicated.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute/

Roedy Green

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:20:45, "Johannes Beekhuizen"
<jbeekhui@duinheks.xs4all.nl> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

see http://mi.../jgloss/seria...
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
http://mi... Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.

Kurt M Peters

I have used the Sun one very recently. It works well for what I wanted to
use it for.
Just do a search for serial port on the java web page.
Kurt
"Johannes Beekhuizen" <jbeekhui@duinheks.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hallo All,
>
> I'd like to talk to my serial ports using Java. Browsing the documentation
> did
> not give me any ideas. Could somebody please give me a hint on how to do
> it?
>
> Groetjes,
>
> Hans.

Johannes Beekhuizen

Hallo Knute,

Op 08 Dec 05 schreef Knute Johnson aan All:

>> I'd like to talk to my serial ports using Java.
KJ> Sun just redid the JavaComm api for linux. I have a windows copy if you
KJ> can't find one and want it.

I certainly would not want a Windows thing :) But I found it, thank
you for the hint.

KJ> It works fine for me but I'm not doing anything really complicated.

I don't want anything complicated either. Just get out some data
from an instrument. But complicated enough for somebody with little
experience writing Java :)

Groetjes,

Hans.