comp.programming

A new scalable synchronization algorithm is coming...

Ramine

5/9/2016 4:20:00 AM

Hello,

A new scalable synchronization algorithm is coming...

I was thinking more and more, and i have come to a conclusion that
Seqlock or my SeqlockX are not suitable for realtime critical systems,
because they are lockfree, so prone to starvation.

So i am right now finishing a new algorithm and implementing it
in Object Pascal and C++, this new algorithm is a scalable reader-writer
mutex that is costless on the reader side, as is RCU, and in the writer
side it is uses a distributed technic as the distributed reader-writer
mutex, this algorithm is FIFO fair on the writer side and FIFO fair on
the reader side and it is of course starvation-free, so it is
suitable for realtime critical systems, the simplicity of use by users
of the implementation of this algorithm makes it more suitable that the
much harder approach of RCU.

So stay tuned , my new algorithm and its implementation in C++ and
Object pascal is coming soon...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

Look at this Asymmetric rw_mutex with atomic-free fast-path for readers
by Dmitry Vyukov:

https://groups.google.c...!topic/lock-free/Hv3GUlccYTc

My new algorithm and its implementation that is coming soon
doesn't use epoch detection logic, an it uses a distributed
technic, and it will be suitable for realtime critical systems,
and the simplicity of use by users of the implementation of this