comp.programming

gcc and nasm

Bill Cunningham

5/9/2016 12:20:00 AM

Is there a way I can use gcc and instead of using GAS nasm assembly
would be produced? So I don't have to look at that horrific at&t syntax?
Could the compiler read it and compile? I'm sure then the linker would know
what to do.

Bill

1 Answer

Bartc

On 09/05/2016 01:20, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> Is there a way I can use gcc and instead of using GAS nasm assembly
> would be produced? So I don't have to look at that horrific at&t syntax?
> Could the compiler read it and compile? I'm sure then the linker would know
> what to do.

I use:

gcc -S -masm=intel -fverbose-asm

Or try this:

http://gcc.go...

where you type in C code on-line and it shows assembly output in either
format (and for a compiler and target of your choice).

--
Bartc