comp.programming

Touch screen programming

cyberf4n

5/7/2016 11:45:00 AM

I have a touch screen table at work and my boss gave it to me to play with it and create a simple app which will open some menus etc.... nothing hard until now. He wants to use some tokens, which will trigger those menus and some gestures like tapping with all fingers will do something. I did a research, but I couldn't find if with html/JavaScript I will be able to define those touch patterns to trigger a function. Or any other recommendations would be much appreciated, there is no rush, so I even have time to start learning new programming languages. Is there a easy way?

PS: the company is Microsoft driven, he will be happy if I learn something which will help me in future projects. I have some experience in python too, but I guess that's out of the question
Thank you,