comp.programming

What is computer programming and is it a science ?

Ramine

5/6/2016 3:07:00 AM

Hello.......

Now i have come to an interesting subject..

What is computer programming and is it a science ?

I was just thinking about this question and since i am
a guy who specializes in parallel programming, i will
answer this question this way:

I have done Petri Nets and there is a proof that Petri Nets
with inhibitor arcs have the same power and expressiveness
as a Turing machine, so i think that computer programming is
like constructing Petri Nets or is like constructing automata,
i think an object in C++ can be represented like an automaton,
and methods of a C++ object can be represented like an automaton,
so computer programming thinking is like constructing many
interconnected automaton and is like constructing Petri Nets,
and my second question is: Is computer programming a science ?
i think computer programming can be made a science by making those many
interconnected automaton or those Petri Nets more efficient.
This is how i think computer programming can be described.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.