comp.programming

Read again...

Ramine

4/18/2016 3:56:00 PM

Hello.....

I think i have found the solution ....

Here is the proof that USL methodology succeed to forecast farther
scalability...

If the serial part of the Amdahl's equation is bigger, there
is more chance to hit the contention with fewer cores and fewer threads
when you test and analyses with USL methodology, so this will allow
USL methodology to forecast farther scalability.

If the serial part of the Amdahl's equation is bigger and system
system makes the chance higher to escape the contention when we test
and analyses with fewer threads an fewer cores with USL methodology,
that means that the chance is higher that the next step with 2X or 3X
or 4X the number of cores and threads will be a better approximation
of the case when we test and analyses with fewer threads an fewer cores
with USL methodology.

But when the serial part of the Amdahl's law is smaller, that
means that the chance is higher to escape the contention when we test
and analyses with fewer threads an fewer cores with USL methodology, so
this will allow USL methodology to forecast farther scalability.

So from this, we can affirm that USL methodology can forecast farther
up to 4X or 5X the maximum number of cores of the performance data..

I have included the 32 bit and 64 bit windows executables of my
programs inside the zip file to easy the job for you.

You can download my USL programs version 3.0 with the source code from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/universal-scalability-law-for-delphi-and-...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Thank you,