comp.programming

I will make my proof more precise...

Ramine

4/18/2016 2:07:00 AM

Hello,

I will make my proof more precise...

For bigger serial parts of the Amdahl's law my reasonning is correct and
here it is:

If the serial part of the Amdahl's law is bigger, you have more
chance probabilistically to get contention on the serial part
with fewer threads and fewer cores with the USL methodology,
and this contention will enable the nonlinear regression to
approximate more the predicted scalability, because this
mathematical fact will deviate the graph of the nonlinear
regression in a more right direction up to a farther predicted
scalability, so this enable the nonlinear regression to predict
scalability farther, so this reasonning will make the USL methodology to
succeed on a more bigger serial parts of the Amdahl's law.

But for smaller serial parts of the Amdahl's law, i will make my
proof more precise by example..

On smaller serial parts of the Amdahl's law, let's imagine
the serial part is 1/8 the overall parallel program, so this
1/8 has a probability of happening empirically on the overall
number of parallel applications, and this 1/8 can cause contention
on fewer cores and fewer threads using the USL methodology, but this 1/8
is not the only one in the distribution of probability, because we have
other that are 1/9 and 1/10 and 1/11 that has a
probability to happen empirically... and my reasonning
by mathematical probability and by making a better approximation
will make us affirm that there is a higher chance to get a more smaller
serial parts than 1/8 , so this is all about mathematical probability,
and my reasonning with mathematical probability that i am making makes
the nonlinear regression of the USL methodology to succeed in predicting
much farther.

Hence from the above proof, the bigger parts of the Amdahl's law
that causes more contention with fewer threads an fewer cores using
the USL methodology and the much smaller parts of the Amdahl's law has a
much higher chance to happen than the rest, so since they have a higher
chance to happen that means mathematically that USL methodology is
successful in predicting scalability and that means that it is a really
a great tool.

I have included the 32 bit and 64 bit windows executables of my
programs inside the zip file to easy the job for you.

You can download my USL programs version 3.0 with the source code from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/universal-scalability-law-for-delphi-and-...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

klunk

<br549@pobox.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 04:18:45 GMT, "klunk" <klunk@theothershoo.org>
> wrote:
>

>><br549@pobox.com> wrote in message

>>> There's a vast difference. He's a human being and you're a loudmouthed
>>> cannuck.
>>
>>actually... we're all three of us, human beings... you just happen to be
>>one
>>who's not learned to place any value on your intellect...
>>

> No, I merely place too much value on my intellect to waste it on
> sub-human, cowring trash like you, gutless and brainless.

lol... let me guess... you're a christian.... ;-)

fiscal conservativism:
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/green...

mcsame vs obama tax policies:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2008/06/12/GR2008061...

---

Desperate Angry McCain Lies About Romney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e...

A Horrible Lie By Cindy McCain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v...

McCain Lies To Media, Calls Media "Jerks" After Lies Are Exposed
http://dreamsofliberty.blogspot.com/2007/03/mccain-lies-to-media-calls-media-...

McCain lies about grabbing pork
http://www.truthnews....

McCain Lies His Head Off; NY Times Asleep at Switch
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/01/18/mccain-lies-his-head-off-new-york-times-asleep-at-...

McCain Lies
http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/0...

McCain misrepresents Obama's tax proposals again. And again, and again.
http://www.newsweek.com...

McCain Lies About His Support For MLK Jr. Day in Arizona
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/02/mccain-lies-about-his-support-for-mlk-jr-day-i...

McCain Lies About Social Security Privatization
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-scher/mccain-lies-about-social_b_1...

DAMMIT..Tell Me The Truth! UPDATED!
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/3/0717/55880/...

More On McCain Lies
http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-on-mccain...

McCain's Lies & Damn Lies on Climate Change
http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article...

McCain Lies About Obama and Wounded Troops
http://pundits.thehill.com/2008/07/30/mccain-lies-about-obama-and-wound...

McCain lies, contradicts himself on Cross story. With evidence.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/17/165435/219/1...

Conservatives Praise McCain's Lies
http://www.thefoldblog.com/2008/08/conservatives-praise-mccains...

McCain Lies about his voting record for veterans
http://sensico.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/mccain-lies-about-his-voting-record-for...

Debunking McCain's Lies, YouTube Style
http://www.thepersonalispolitical.com/2008/08/debunking-mccains-lies-youtube-...

McCain lies about Obama AGAIN, this time on Georgia
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/10/mccain-camp-obama-bizarre_n_1...

McCain lies using wounded troops to smear Obama
http://arizona.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/mccain-lie...

McCain lies to a kid about immigration
http://www.americablog.com/2008/07/mccain-lies-to-kid-about-immigr...

McCain lies about POW experience while pandering for votes in Pennsylvania
http://www.minnesotaindependent.com/4462/mccain-lies-about-pow-experience-while-pandering-for-votes-in-pe...

John McCain Lies, Says He's Never "Sought Or Obtained An Earmark For My
State of Arizona."
http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2008/08/08/1731147-john-mccain-lies-says-hes-never-sought-or-obtained-an-earmark-for-my-state-o...

McCain changes his position on Iraq (again)
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/...

McCain Lies About Supporting the GI Bill
http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dh...

John McCain Lies About Alternative Energy and Lots of Other Stuff
http://climaticidechronicles.org/2008/08/21/john-mccain-lies-about-alternative-energy-and-lots-of-ot...

More McCain Lies!
http://politicalbunker.com/more-m...

McCain Lies About Safety Of Offshore Drilling
http://www.oldmanmccain.com/2008/06/mccain-lies-about-safety-of-off...

Nervous McCain Lies, oops, Denies lobbyist allegations...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=526_...

McCain's 22 Lies Is not "Going Negative," It's Lying!
http://theeclecticquill.com/2008/07/30/mccains-22-lies-is-not-going-negative-...

Cindy McCain Lies to Us Again
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/06/cindy_mccain_lies_to_us_...

Cindy McCain lies about existence of half-sister.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyI...

John McCain lies about vetting Sarah Palin
http://www.unbossed.com/index.php?i...

McCain's repeated "slips of the tongue" on Iran and al-Qaida
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/03/...

McCain Lies About Palin Role on Bridge to Nowhere, She Supported At First
http://faithfulprogressive.blogspot.com/2008/08/mccain-lies-about-palin-role-on-b...

McCain Lies About the Democrats' Health Care Plans
http://johnmccainisaliar.com/2008/05/10/mccain-lies-about-the-democrats-health-c...

McCain misrepresents Obama's tax proposals again. And again, and again.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/more_tax_decep...

McCain Lies About Public Financing
http://outtheotherear.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/mccain-lies-about-public-...

McCain lies over and over and over about Obama and taxes
http://www.politicalbase.com/forums/topic/mccain-lies-over-and-over-and-over-about-obama-and-t...

McCain Lies About being POW reciting Steelers Defensive Line
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/16860083/d...

McCain Lies About Obama and Wounded Troops
http://www.opednews.com/articles/McCain-Lies-About-Obama-an-by-Brent-Budowsky-08073...

John McCain Requested and Received Over $60 Million In Pork Projects
http://mccainsource.com/homefro...

McCain Lies About Oil Drilling and the Media Yawns
http://www.mashget.com/2008/07/30/mccain-lies-about-oil-drilling-and-the-me...

John McCain Lies When Questioned By Viet Nam Vet
http://www.codewolf.com/story/article_10...

KStahl

br549@pobox.com wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 04:18:45 GMT, "klunk" <klunk@theothershoo.org>
> wrote:
>

>><br549@pobox.com> wrote in message

>>>There's a vast difference. He's a human being and you're a loudmouthed
>>>cannuck.
>>
>>actually... we're all three of us, human beings... you just happen to be one
>>who's not learned to place any value on your intellect...
>>

> No, I merely place too much value on my intellect to waste it on
> sub-human, cowring trash like you, gutless and brainless.

As opposed to wasting it for no reason at all. You're quite good at that.