comp.programming

Here is how i will explain to you USL

Ramine

4/16/2016 3:01:00 AM

Hello,

Here is how i will explain to you USL..

Here is the very important thing about the USL methodology..

You have to know that in the USL methodology there is a
probabilistic output that is scalability, so if the parallel
part is not so greater than the serial part of the parallel program,
so there is much higher chance to score on the predicted contention and
the crosstalk, and this will show on more cores and more threads
up to 16 for example, so probalistically , the chance is higher
to catch the right approximation of the predicted scalability
up to 3X or 4X times the maximum number of cores in the
empirical performance data, this reasonning applies to the
other cases, so a good approximation about the predicted
scalability will be at this 3X or 4X. Make the same
reasonning and you will undertand me more.

This is i think what we have to know about the USL methodology
that uses mathematical regression to predict scalability.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.