comp.programming

Here is my final thoughts about USL ...

Ramine

4/16/2016 12:01:00 AM

Hello......

Here is my final thoughts about USL ...

And if you look at the following web page from Dr. Gunther the
author of USL:

http://perfdynamics.blogspot.ca/2009/04/assessing-usl-scalability-with-...

He is applying his USL methodology to mixed workload on web database
systems, but i have thought more, and i think that he is wrong
to apply it this way, and i have explained why, but this is
not the end of the story, if you set constant the number
of worker threads on the database system, and apply USL
the the computer server of the database system and if
the the USL revealed a more linear scalability up the
number of worker threads, that means that we can apply
the above methodology on the link above on mixed worloads,
and i think it will work.

So USL methodology is still useful and important, since as i said before you can forecast scalability optimisticaly
with it up to 3X the number of maximum cores of the empirical
performance data as in the raytracer performance data that
i have presented, and you can use it to forecast the response-time
even on mixed workload of Ecommerce database systems and database
systems in general.

So finally i have made USL methology important to us..

So this is why my USL programs are still useful, so
i will add to my USL programs nonlinear regression,
so stay tuned because version 3.0 of my USL programs are
coming soon...

You find version 2.82 of my USL programs with the source code here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/universal-scalability-law-for-delphi-and-...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.