comp.programming

Becareful of this R package for USL

Ramine

4/15/2016 1:47:00 AM

Hello,

Please look at this R package from the Dr. Gunther the author of USL:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/pac...

Becareful of this USL package , because the nonlinear regressions
that are supported by R and that is using this USL package is
not efficient, because you can not set the bounds on the the regression
parameters between 0.0 and 1.0 , this is required for USL, so the
nonlinear regression of this R package is not efficient..

so i have thought more about this problem , and i am currently
implementing the Simplex method as a minimization method for the
the nonlinear regression and this will allow me to set the bounds
of the regression parameters, and this will work much more efficiently
and better than the R package , this is all about mathematics and i am
currently implementing it in my USL programs, i have just tested it and
it is working much more efficiently than the R package for USL.

It will take me one day to implement this nonlinear regression using
the Simplex method as minimization method.

So i will provide you with the best USL programs around.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

Sorry i have made a mistake:

Because look at this:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/nlmrt...

As you have noticed you can set the the bounds of the parameters
with the nlxb R function, here it is:

nlxb(formula, start, trace=FALSE, data, lower=-Inf, upper=Inf,
masked=NULL, control, ...)

So the R pacakge for USL is efficient.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.