comp.programming

I have done a scalability prediction for my Parallel archiver

Ramine

4/6/2016 8:55:00 PM

Hello,

I have done a scalability prediction for my Parallel archiver
with my USL program with parallel LZMA compression with
HDD harddrive , and it has given 30X, so with more and more cores
it will get faster and faster up to 30X, but if you want to higher
the scalability, please use an SSD drive.

And please note that with Parallel archiver with parallel LZMA,
when you pass n to the constructor, it will use 2*n threads with
parallel LZMA, the same happen with my Parallel compression library
this only happen with parallel LZMA.

You can download my parallel archiver from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/paralle...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

kenobi

W dniu sroda, 6 kwietnia 2016 19:53:35 UTC+2 uzytkownik Ramine napisal:
> Hello,
>

> I have done a scalability prediction for my Parallel archiver
> with my USL program with parallel LZMA compression with
> HDD harddrive , and it has given 30X, so with more and more cores
> it will get faster and faster up to 30X, but if you want to higher
> the scalability, please use an SSD drive.
>
> And please note that with Parallel archiver with parallel LZMA,
> when you pass n to the constructor, it will use 2*n threads with
> parallel LZMA, the same happen with my Parallel compression library
> this only happen with parallel LZMA.
>

> You can download my parallel archiver from:
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/paralle...
>

> Thank you,
> Amine Moulay Ramdane.

you know what ram, Or maube i should say bélier?