comp.programming

Need Help:How do I stream from Camera to App?

kyle.phelps757

4/1/2016 12:45:00 AM

Hi. I am making an app that will monitor large amounts of webcams through live streaming. Does anyone have an idea where to start to accomplish this? I think i can use a service called Wowza. So would i go from the webcam to the streaming server, then to the app? Some advice or a starting point would be much appreciated.
2 Answers

klunk

<br549@pobox.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 03:41:53 GMT, "klunk" <klunk@theothershoo.org>
> wrote:
>

>>"FACE" <AFaceInTheCrowd@today.net> wrote in message

>>> I hope you don't mind if i find all of this hilarious. Quite simply,
>>> when
>>> unwarrantedly attacked, I return the attack with greater
>>> force...........
>>>
>>> (It's something about not suffering fools gladly....except that i do not
>>> suffer them at all.)
>>
>>lol... i'm glad we can find points where we agree... you see... we're not
>>that different after all... ;-)
>
> There's a vast difference. He's a human being and you're a loudmouthed
> cannuck.

actually... we're all three of us, human beings... you just happen to be one
who's not learned to place any value on your intellect...

fiscal conservativism:
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/green...

mcsame vs obama tax policies:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2008/06/12/GR2008061...

---

Desperate Angry McCain Lies About Romney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e...

A Horrible Lie By Cindy McCain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v...

McCain Lies To Media, Calls Media "Jerks" After Lies Are Exposed
http://dreamsofliberty.blogspot.com/2007/03/mccain-lies-to-media-calls-media-...

McCain lies about grabbing pork
http://www.truthnews....

McCain Lies His Head Off; NY Times Asleep at Switch
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/01/18/mccain-lies-his-head-off-new-york-times-asleep-at-...

McCain Lies
http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/0...

McCain misrepresents Obama's tax proposals again. And again, and again.
http://www.newsweek.com...

McCain Lies About His Support For MLK Jr. Day in Arizona
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/02/mccain-lies-about-his-support-for-mlk-jr-day-i...

McCain Lies About Social Security Privatization
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-scher/mccain-lies-about-social_b_1...

DAMMIT..Tell Me The Truth! UPDATED!
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/7/3/0717/55880/...

More On McCain Lies
http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.com/2008/08/more-on-mccain...

McCain's Lies & Damn Lies on Climate Change
http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article...

McCain Lies About Obama and Wounded Troops
http://pundits.thehill.com/2008/07/30/mccain-lies-about-obama-and-wound...

McCain lies, contradicts himself on Cross story. With evidence.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/17/165435/219/1...

Conservatives Praise McCain's Lies
http://www.thefoldblog.com/2008/08/conservatives-praise-mccains...

McCain Lies about his voting record for veterans
http://sensico.wordpress.com/2008/07/10/mccain-lies-about-his-voting-record-for...

Debunking McCain's Lies, YouTube Style
http://www.thepersonalispolitical.com/2008/08/debunking-mccains-lies-youtube-...

McCain lies about Obama AGAIN, this time on Georgia
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/10/mccain-camp-obama-bizarre_n_1...

McCain lies using wounded troops to smear Obama
http://arizona.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/mccain-lie...

McCain lies to a kid about immigration
http://www.americablog.com/2008/07/mccain-lies-to-kid-about-immigr...

McCain lies about POW experience while pandering for votes in Pennsylvania
http://www.minnesotaindependent.com/4462/mccain-lies-about-pow-experience-while-pandering-for-votes-in-pe...

John McCain Lies, Says He's Never "Sought Or Obtained An Earmark For My
State of Arizona."
http://killfile.newsvine.com/_news/2008/08/08/1731147-john-mccain-lies-says-hes-never-sought-or-obtained-an-earmark-for-my-state-o...

McCain changes his position on Iraq (again)
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/...

McCain Lies About Supporting the GI Bill
http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dh...

John McCain Lies About Alternative Energy and Lots of Other Stuff
http://climaticidechronicles.org/2008/08/21/john-mccain-lies-about-alternative-energy-and-lots-of-ot...

More McCain Lies!
http://politicalbunker.com/more-m...

McCain Lies About Safety Of Offshore Drilling
http://www.oldmanmccain.com/2008/06/mccain-lies-about-safety-of-off...

Nervous McCain Lies, oops, Denies lobbyist allegations...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=526_...

McCain's 22 Lies Is not "Going Negative," It's Lying!
http://theeclecticquill.com/2008/07/30/mccains-22-lies-is-not-going-negative-...

Cindy McCain Lies to Us Again
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/06/cindy_mccain_lies_to_us_...

Cindy McCain lies about existence of half-sister.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyI...

John McCain lies about vetting Sarah Palin
http://www.unbossed.com/index.php?i...

McCain's repeated "slips of the tongue" on Iran and al-Qaida
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/03/...

McCain Lies About Palin Role on Bridge to Nowhere, She Supported At First
http://faithfulprogressive.blogspot.com/2008/08/mccain-lies-about-palin-role-on-b...

McCain Lies About the Democrats' Health Care Plans
http://johnmccainisaliar.com/2008/05/10/mccain-lies-about-the-democrats-health-c...

McCain misrepresents Obama's tax proposals again. And again, and again.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/more_tax_decep...

McCain Lies About Public Financing
http://outtheotherear.wordpress.com/2008/06/24/mccain-lies-about-public-...

McCain lies over and over and over about Obama and taxes
http://www.politicalbase.com/forums/topic/mccain-lies-over-and-over-and-over-about-obama-and-t...

McCain Lies About being POW reciting Steelers Defensive Line
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/16860083/d...

McCain Lies About Obama and Wounded Troops
http://www.opednews.com/articles/McCain-Lies-About-Obama-an-by-Brent-Budowsky-08073...

John McCain Requested and Received Over $60 Million In Pork Projects
http://mccainsource.com/homefro...

McCain Lies About Oil Drilling and the Media Yawns
http://www.mashget.com/2008/07/30/mccain-lies-about-oil-drilling-and-the-me...

John McCain Lies When Questioned By Viet Nam Vet
http://www.codewolf.com/story/article_10...

JJ

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:45:16 -0700 (PDT), kyle.phelps757@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi. I am making an app that will monitor large amounts of webcams through
> live streaming. Does anyone have an idea where to start to accomplish
> this? I think i can use a service called Wowza. So would i go from the
> webcam to the streaming server, then to the app? Some advice or a
> starting point would be much appreciated.

In the same location of the cameras, connect them to a PC, install a media
server into the PC, then use a media player software or a specialized
software that can play & display multiple video streams simultaneously to
connect to the PC with the cameras.

If the PC is on a remote location, you'll need to open one or more network
ports from the PC's firewall. And don't forget to set a strong password for
accessing the media server.